SC - TDI GTG - 5th Annual Midlands Biofuels - May 9th 2015

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
OK Boys and Girls, Wrench Turners and On lookers, and TDI enthusiasts alike,
It is time for the 5th Annual Midlands Biofuels GTG - May 9th
Thats right 45 Days Away. So start making plans now.
A back up date of July 18th has been chosen as this years back up date to give more people time to plan and make it if that is what's needed.
Event will be Downtown Winnsboro, SC.
Location: Main Street Winnsboro, SC, beside Shell Gas Station and across the street from the Dodge Dealership.
Plant Address: 310 South Congress Street, Winnsboro, SC 29180
BIOJOE says:
8am till 6 PM
Food : My Brothers BBQ will be the lunch item. Please bring any complimentary sides you'd like to share.
Biodiesel $2.80per gallon on the b100 available with Biocide and antioxidant added. We call it the "BioPro" blend.
I'll spray Side lot for mosquitoes again this year.
There's a car lift inside the plant and plenty of room to work on cars on the concrete as well as in the shaded grass areas beside the plant.
Pop Up Tents and bag chairs are always welcome.
A/C inside and 2 bath rooms with changing room.
Gas station next door if you need extra drinks and snacks.
I will be giving several tours during the day. We have retooled the entire Biodiesel plant to add methanol recovery and have eliminated water washing to purify fuel and now purify via Centrifuge! We have added over 20,000 gallons of process tanks, covered work area and filtration, as well as a new waste oil boiler that uses anything from motor oil to veggie oil to heat the plant.
Please bring any used motor oil or cooking oil you can!!! $.50 off per gallon donated. We've had people bring 100's of gallons in the past and paid for others discounts per gallon on biodiesel.
Shirts, Hats, sweatshirts for sale and Free Coozies I just had made to anyone that comes.
BYOFC - Bring Your Own Fuel Cans or I'll have some used totes and car boys you can use for temporary transport for free if you want.
Email biojoe@midlandsBiofuels.com or call 803-718-4727 if u need anything."

Last edited:

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Hope to be able to come this year. May will be much better heat wise than July so hopefully the May date will stick.

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Special Edition Jetta - Silver
Looks good to me.
Joe, the subject of the post shows June 6th, not sure if you can edit that.
Thanks for putting this event together!

Last edited:

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
If you guys could help spread the word that would be great. I am going to organize a car lift / Car repair list to ensure that everyone gets a shot at fixing some things while they are here.

Any suggestions about what I can do different this year to make things better are welcome.

Look forward to seeing everyone soon.

ncroadwarrior

Veteran Member
TDI
04 JSW bew
If you guys could help spread the word that would be great. I am going to organize a car lift / Car repair list to ensure that everyone gets a shot at fixing some things while they are here.

Any suggestions about what I can do different this year to make things better are welcome.

Look forward to seeing everyone soon.
posting a list of things we can bring would be welcome for us that want to help out the cause...

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
No promises, but we hope to surprise you!

Last edited:

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
It's been a while since I've been able to make the long trip to Winnsboro to fill my can of biodiesel. I use it as an additive.

Question: The metal can has an airtight cap, but has sat empty for quite a while. Do I need to worry over mildew or whatever growing in my empty can? If so, what's the best way to clean it? Thank you.

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
Bad Can? Or Nastiness in them..

We blend all of our fuel with BioBorJF to kill any bugs you may have in your tank. But if it is really dirty we can flush it clean here at the plant. Just bring the can with you and we can fix any problems you have and fill it up!

It's been a while since I've been able to make the long trip to Winnsboro to fill my can of biodiesel. I use it as an additive.

Question: The metal can has an airtight cap, but has sat empty for quite a while. Do I need to worry over mildew or whatever growing in my empty can? If so, what's the best way to clean it? Thank you.

hooville

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, 2016 GTI, 2015 TDI Sportwagen S
This sounds like fun, I have a bit of old grease that I would love to exchange for some tasty biodiesel! Touring the plant will be a nice bonus too.
Any Atlanta folks that would like to caravan out to Midlands?

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
We blend all of our fuel with BioBorJF to kill any bugs you may have in your tank. But if it is really dirty we can flush it clean here at the plant. Just bring the can with you and we can fix any problems you have and fill it up!
Oh, that's excellent! Thanks very much. :)

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
We are going to have a "Fried Food Menu" this year I think. Maybe Fish or Chicken or Something else just let me know your suggestions and we will get what pleases the crowd.

Looking forward to seeing everyone only 25 days left!!!

Hitek Redneck

TDI
1x 2003 ALH Swaggerwagon
This is DanG144's biological offspring reporting in...

Is there going to be a tuner in town for this one? And if so who will it be? A friend at work is looking to tune his ECU this time.

Second, If you guys are wanting some fish to fry on Saturday, I'll see what I can do to help out. Catfish, Crappie, Bass, and the like are still biting on Lake Monticello...

Ike T

TDI
2003 Jetta
Second, If you guys are wanting some fish to fry on Saturday, I'll see what I can do to help out. Catfish, Crappie, Bass, and the like are still biting on Lake Monticello...
If someone coming from Atlanta could stop at Henderson's along the way and pick up some slaw... lord have mercy. :D

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd

Is there going to be a tuner in town for this one? And if so who will it be? A friend at work is looking to tune his ECU this time.

Zeb, it's great to hear from you! I hope your dad is doing good, I need to call him it's been a while since I spoke with him. I you you both are able to make it.

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09

That sounds GREAT! Yes the fish are hot right now. Zeb if you need an extra line in the water I've got some skills. I also have some fresh pond fish to "bring to the table" too!

As for tuners... I know Malone isn't gonna be able to make it. Does anyone know rocketchip or how to get in touch with him. I'm not sure how many tunes are needed to make the ride worth it.

While we are on the subject of needs for the event does anyone want or need anything done on their cars? I'd like to make a list of people that need time on the lift so I can coordinate who gets on and when.

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Jake_S

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW TDI/DSG; 05 Jetta Wagon auto (retired)
BioJoe,
I need to swap out struts/shocks and springs on my wagon. I'm not sure if this is something we would want to do at a GTG, since it can be relatively time consuming.

Jake

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
BioJoe,
I need to swap out struts/shocks and springs on my wagon. I'm not sure if this is something we would want to do at a GTG, since it can be relatively time consuming.

Jake
As of now we have you on the list. I think this year may be a few less guys so maybe we can swing it to get it done.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
anyone interested in getting a TDtuning tune ?... i'm a dealer and i may be coming to the event... i should be able to port flash any 2000-2006 tdi's .... EDIT: !! sorry guys, can't make this one

Last edited:

GCBUG00

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle
Guys,

If all the planets line up I'll be making us a big pot of Cowboy Coffee that AM. 44 cups of it in fact at one boiling. My other real fun stuff involves cast iron cooking and wood fires, but this will be done on an old school Coleman stove. Coleman is my latest hobby.

Gary

GCBUG00

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle
Anybody got the radio removal tool? Can you bring it and maybe show me how it works please. I gotta tackle the missing foam on the heater control doors soon.

Also, interested in engine temp gage setups. I can do it, just looking for trick way to tap into the coolant and gage ideas. My car only has light.

Gary

Cha2ga

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 JSW
Anybody got the radio removal tool? Can you bring it and maybe show me how it works please. I gotta tackle the missing foam on the heater control doors soon.

Also, interested in engine temp gage setups. I can do it, just looking for trick way to tap into the coolant and gage ideas. My car only has light.

Gary

Look at post 27 on my thread at newbeetle.org about how I fixed the foam. 45 minutes tops. http://newbeetle.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85170