Anyone interested in Old Navy Fall GTG: Saturday, Oct 17, 2015

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Walt:

He is a lot different than the last time you saw him over at Leeann & Bill's place, but I think you would still recognize him. How about your two boys? I'll be they're both sprouting up like weeds in the springtime. BTW, is your house the one with the darker grey roof and the circular drive that runs all the way around it? I just wanted to know whether I picked out the right house on Google Earth.

Dan
Man I forgot about the GTG at Leeann & Bill's GTG, but I guess you would recognize the boys and I Ian now I think about it. :D

You bet, that's us. I've tried to find it a couple times and it came up with old picture before the house was built. :confused:

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Wow!!! Dan by time of GTG it will have been 4 years, that's a big jump from 3 1/2 and 6 1/2 years old boys to 7 1/2 and 10 1/2 years old. They will have gone from daycare and first grade to 2nd and 5th grade since you've seen them, and Ian has gone from Freshman in HS age to Freshman in college age I guess by October. Dan we're getting old....:eek:

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Walt:

Ian is getting ready to graduate High School in the spring, and my daughter just graduated from college this past Saturday, so I guess your comment about us getting old is true. Getting old is a lot better than the long dirt nap option, though!

Dan

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Well seems I had senior moment and forgot to put the date in of GTG. :eek:

Saturday17th is when it's suppose to be, so guess it was my flub. I go back and edit first post and couple others.

Last edited:

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Maybe. It's a work day for me. With all my illnesses and surgeries last year, the benefits bank for PTO is bottomed out.

Kevin Eric/korndawg says he's coming no matter what happens with me.

Bruce

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Maybe. It's a work day for me. With all my illnesses and surgeries last year, the benefits bank for PTO is bottomed out.

Kevin Eric/korndawg says he's coming no matter what happens with me.

Bruce
Sorry to hear about health problems Bruce, but that Saturday is quite a ways down the road and maybe something will change.

jettalee

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta
Dang, dang, dang!!!! Bill has a prior commitment that day!!!!!

Guess Bill and I will have to make a trip your way to drop in and say hi!

God bless,
Lee Ann

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
You two are welcome anytime. We don't get much company here in the country. Not sure I mentioned it but Linda is retired now, so we have plenty of time on our hands when boys are going to school.

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
As would I KCTDI , but it never really happened before. Heck I never could get any local TDI owners involved, and there has always been 4 or 5 in town where we lived then and it's still that way. :confused:

Hey only 4 months away. :D

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Looking forward to the ride down with KCTDI to see you and Linda- it's been too long.
I have trouble believing it's been 5 years, then I looked at the pictures of the boys yesterday from last GTG and like Dan (All of Us) and they have really grown. Eli and Zander 5 and 2 years old, now at 10 & 7 they have gotten too big to climb up beside me in the recliner.

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Man it's been so hot here that it's crazy to go out and fire up a grill. :eek:

We put up a carport on the other side of house from our garage because of tight fight for truck & car in garage. That made it a tight fit for anything bigger then a PU truck, but I will eventually widen the drive but it probably will not before the GTG. I had planned to have it done by now, but we had so much rain and just a few days after rains went away we went to mid 90's with Humidity in the 90's also almost overnight. :(

Currently it's 78F with 93% humidity, it's like breathing water outside. Only thing I've seen outside is our hummingbirds and vultures. :eek:

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Walt:

That's a pretty grim weather report, but not too different from others you have posted for this time of year. Good for the crops, but not so good for the residents. At least the GTG will be after the weather settles down a bit. Hope You, Linda, Elai, and Zander are all doing well. Ian and I are looking forward to the trip down to see your new place and also seeing some familiar TDI Club faces. BTW, hummingbirds and vultures are about as far out on opposite ends of the scale as you can get, in my book, anyway. Keep cool

Dan

Last edited:

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Often wonder how people made it before A/C and modern medicine because of the weather and environmental challenges.

I'm just putting in a couple hours a day outside, mainly in afternoon when humidity drops below 70% even though temp is at its highest.

Come Oct I'll be wearing myself out with chain saw and chipper on rear PTO, reworking driveway from monsoon rains. If anyone wants a bag or two for mulch bring bag(s) I'll have plenty. Probably have a enough to fill a dozen or more 50 gallon bags on the ground now. :eek:

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
At about 11am heat index was 116F outside. :eek: It’s 3pm and 111F on the heat index scale here at the ranch in the Ozark Hills, that’s 96F with 54%H currently. At about 1 pm heat index was 112F outside. :eek:

Oh to be in a summer home on the northeastern slops of the Rockies at about 8,000 to 10,000 feet level :D.....well it sounds like it would be a nice place at the moment. ;)

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
I hope it is cooler in October........but then we did live in Augusta GA so I can handle 96 degrees and the humidity; not like it but handle it.

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Currently 6:25 am it’s 62F & 90%H with Heat Index of 62 so not too bad if breathing all that fluid doesn’t bother you like it does me. When I got up at 5:15 and checked temp it was 57F & 92%H that’s 5 degree rise in about an hour with high temp today of about 85F so it seems we are back to about normal temps. :D

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Hey it just dawned on me that no one has mentioned working on cars, if not that will be different for sure. I don't think I ever had one that MOGolf and others wasn't working on cars. :D

Speaking of MOGolf is he still around doing VW GTG's and fixing cars for people? I looked on here a little when I started planning the GTG and found no new postings by him, of course my lack of computer skills might be the problem there. :eek:

Man I just remembered the pulled pork and my ample belly rumbled in anticipation. :D

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Oh the only thing on my car is someone who wants to put that nasty clip on to hold the lock on my rear hatch. I ground off the legs on the one that was in there but it is loose now.

Oh pulled pork is in you future and it will be good.

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
We picked up meat today from the local Mennonite butcher shop and will have some brats, hotdogs and burgers for the GTG in case some (kids?)don't want pulled pork. It's all local grown meat from cleanest butcher shop I've ever seen. Reason for buying now and putting in freezer was they had a sale and we got 43 lbs. of mixed cuts of meats and sausage for $111.11 out the door.

Some of the meat was 2" thick pork chops and pork steaks for the smoker and grill we had cut special. We have been buying most of our meat, poultry, veggies and fruit from the local Mennonite folks shortly after moving here, their stuff is free of hormones, antibiotics, pesticides etc.