Annoying brake problems

Btonns

TDI
2006 Jetta
I am new to the forums. I have a 2006 Jetta TDI with 125k. I just had my mechanic replace the outer cv joint boots.

My front brakes were squeeking, so I had the rotors turned (before I knew VW rotors should not be turned). Also, I scuffed up the front pads with 400 grit sandpaper. I used silicone anti-squeal on the back of the pads. The squeeking went away for about 30 mins.

I ordered new Textar pads and rotors suggested by id Parts. I throughly cleaned the new rotors with brake cleaner, scrubbed the calipers, and hardware. I put silicone anti-squeal on the backs of the pads. I did a bed-in procedure as well.

Brakes now started squeeking 100 miles later. I drive over 500 miles per week for work, so it is quite annoying. I have replaced brakes on several BMWs in the past, so I am not a complete noob. I have Hawk pads on my e36 M3 that has over 30k miles and they never squeek at all. I was hoping to save some money by going with Textar.

I normally use copper anti-squeal, but Napa only had the silicone anti-squeal available.

I would appreciate any input or advice to help get rid of the squeeking.

Thank you!

Btonns

TDI
2006 Jetta
Did you check the back brakes? VW Jettas are notorious for wearing out back brakes before fronts.
The pads are fine on the rear, but I am suspecting that I may have a warped rear rotor. I have new rear brake pads and rotors on the way. I am also going to check to see if the e-brake cables are adjusted too tight. Besides that, I do not know what else could be causing the squeaking.

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
From your description the problem is not in the rear. With the amount of driving you do (long periods of pads floating on rotors) my assumption is one caliper is binding, causing excessive glaze on one pad. You can remove the glaze of one side to isolate which wheel, but I was taught to replace calipers in pairs to avoid uneven wear.