Girls discussion!

TDIMom

Hi Fred,
Not new to the club but am a new tdi owner,
In talking with Morris and looking at the other groups I am not sure that I am all that interested in the mechanics of the car but want to learn. I thought it might be nice to be able to talk to other women who own tdi's and learn together with out all the testosterone involved at first.
thanks for the consideration.
TDIMom

Sacha

Veteran Member
That's a good idea, my wife would like that a lot. I was on another forum earlier(clubsi.com), and girls had their own section, and even better, it's password protected.

------------------
Y2K Jetta GLS TDI, Atl.Blue/Beige leather, Sunroof, bug deflector, Cd changer, 5 speed, drop-in K&N air filter, descreened(all of them)

M

mickey

I'm very much in touch with my feminine side. Feel free to ask me any questions you want to!

-mickey

p.s. Seriously, though, I think the only reason why men tend to be more "mechanical" is that we've been free to learn about this stuff all our lives without people thinking there's something wrong with us. But there are a lot of MEN who know diddly squat about cars and engines, and they seem pretty embarassed to ask basic questions. This isn't just a female problem.

How about an "Auto Mechanics 101" class on the Forum? Perhaps in the form of a new section? I'd be very willing to share what I know with mechanical newbies. Thoughts? Suggestions? You know, someplace where anybody, male or female, can ask "dumb" questions without worrying about being ridiculed. I think it'd be fun!

Everybody should know how engines and transmissions work. The more you know the less intimidated you are by doing basic maintainance stuff. And it's hard for a crooked mechanic to rip off somebody who knows what he or she is talking about.

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
Mickey: How about a politics and religion 101 section? Or, how about politics and religion/fuels and lubricants 101? This past week has been a little too calm, although there has been plenty of interesting stuff to blow about.

Barefoot

Veteran Member
TDIMom, I am one of the MIC's ...Diddly Squats. I seem to learn the hard way as the task is thrust upon me. My wife loves her TDI NB Cotton and she would love to chat,share and learn. I have a 01 Jetta and we both share in the learning curve. I'll let her know that you are interested . She stays up on the Forum and has done, her hands on, things to Cotton. Wired the tail light converter,installed the 109 Relay, installed the Hella horns and did the mod on the snow screen and has helped me with things that I have done and are doing to HAL , Jetta. FUN...I really enjoy watching her and taking pic's. It beats me being upside down ...

[This message has been edited by Barefoot (edited November 11, 2000).]

M

mickey

truman: I'll be happy to enlighten you on any subject. Just ask!

-mickey

Melly

TDI
2001 Jetta GLS, Blue Lagoon
I think that a "Auto 101" or girls forum would be great! I'm a (female) mechanical engineer, however I've never been all that interested in cars until I got my new TDI. It would be great to have a forum where you are expected to ask "dumb" questions and not be embarassed
I've already learned a lot from reading the forums, but there is always more to learn!! I'm just amazed at all the knowledge there is on these forums and how many people are willing to take the (sometimes considerable) time to answer questions.

------------------
2001 Jetta GLS TDI
Blue Lagoon / Black Int.
5 speed, luxury, cold weather, monsoon, CD changer

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
Melly, there is no such thing as a "dumb" car question. Hardcore enthusiasts enjoy teaching people the basics. Another great way to learn about cars is to buy a Bentley Manual for any VW from the late 80s. They are incredibly detailed and fun to read. They have a section on basics and each subsystem of the car is explained in detail including troubleshooting. The newer manuals are'nt too educational or useful.

------------------
couple of Rabbits, a Golf and a Passat TDI

SteveS

Veteran Member
TDI
00 NB automatic TDI
Bravo! I like the idea, women or anyone who wants more knowledge. An added bonus might be to arrange for college credit, as there are already college credits being given for this type of discourse. I'd be in favor of a "women's only " class for free-flowing discussion without fear of a male domination.
But, since "Janet" is already taken, might I register under the name Jeanette?

Ric Woodruff

BANNED, Ric went to Coventry.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mickey:
I'm very much in touch with my feminine side. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just be careful of chafing!!! LOL

------------------
Ric Woodruff

I'm not cheap... I just
know a good bargain
when I see one!

1998 Jetta TDI Custom Sport