Coffee cup holders????

02PSDV8

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, Silver
Yep, you guessed it! My cup holders busted clean off on the way home from work.
coffee every where! SO, does anyone know where to get a replacement? The stealer wants $130 bucks!
Thanks guys...

dqa

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP: 1999½ New Golf GL TDI satin silver
You got me curious... I went and looked this up, and came up with this:
http://www.impexfap.com/partlist.cfm?subcategory=3049

Which shows it for 81.68, list price of 94.57. The dealer was really trying to rip you off. Nothing new there. Still, it's an expensive piece(s) of plastic.

A couple notes: They don't include the little pivoting door on the front, presumably that's still intact from your previous holder. And, there were two versions of the dashboard cup holder - one with arms which completely encircle the cup, which I think is shown here - and another which has pivoting arms that are free at one end, and allows for larger cups than the original.

McBrew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS TDI, 5 speed, Silver/Grey
The one in the picture is the pivoting arm style. You can replace it easily. You need to squeeze the metal clips on either side (you'll need two small, flat screwdrivers or something similar), then pull it out. Slide the new one in. Done!

The other one (Search Impex for part #ZVW919001) is the one that Bikinbruce was talking about. It sits inside your armrest. Personally, I don't like that kind, because you can't use the armrest as an armrest.

el_flasho

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Platinum Grey Jetta
yup, those things are extremely pricy. your best bet is a used one in the classifieds over at vwvortex.com, but even those can run $50+. ebay is another choice, but those are usually $60+.