2018 equinox diesel

2013 tdi fan

TDI
Bought one yesterday from john heister chevy in Fuquay Varina NC. Wife got over 35 mpg on the ride home running 80 mph.She loves the way it rides and it has tons of tech and safety features. Paid 28600 out the door premier,leather,infotainment package with 8 inch touchscreen monitor. I had little luck finding any info on people who had bought one of these so i figured i would try to help other people who might be looking. Got almost 7k off msrp.

2013 tdi fan

TDI
The onboard computer/dash figured out the mpg.I am sure it isnt exactly perfect but even if its a few mpg off it is still good to me. Drive home was over 3 hours.MSRP was almost 34k.

2013 tdi fan

TDI
Really happy with it so far.Wifes drives it mostly on 130 mile round trips to work.I drove it on a trip about 200 miles and i really liked the passing power and how quiet the cabin was.Thus far i think chevy did a great job and can't understand why they aren't advertising the equinoz more.One dealer, i went to didn't even know they had a diesel equinox on the lot.

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
Congrats on the TD. Now you also know how Volt owners feel, it's like Chevy just doesn't want to sell them. :D

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
Is this a 4 cylinder engine? Does it have a towing capability,how much. Could be interesting.
It's a small 1.6 liter 4 cylinder rated to tow around 1500 lb. It could probably handle 2500 while being a bit slow.

powerstrokeless

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V
My wife has a 2015 Honda Fit, it gets good mpg, but the tank is small! my wife is having a fit filling up the Fit

Was communicating with a rep at a VW dealership about a 2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL, with 21,000 miles on it- they would not come down on the price of $22,000.

So, since GM has incentives and it is ending On the 2nd. I have been communicating with a GM Rep. and will most likely buy, why not? at $8000 more than the wagon and it is a 2018 Equinox AWD.

Don't usually buy new, but the Equinox Premier TD has convinced me.

jptbay

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2006 Jetta Wagon
Curious about how long the engine takes to warm up and blow heat from the heater in these?

jptbay

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2006 Jetta Wagon
Went and looked at one last week. No diesels in stock though, some on the way.

Very impressed. We have been shopping for a new smaller SUV.

Most comfortable interior of all we have tried. Worst was Mazda CX-5.

Better warranty than most too (Canada). 5 year 160 000km, vs VW for example 4 years 80 000 km.

TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
Since VW bought back my 2012 Touareg TDI in July I ordered a Diesel Terrain. Have had it three months now. Very happy with the car, runs great gets good mileage, started when it was below zero in Boston several weeks ago and as my fifth diesel (VW and Jeep) I would highly recommend it.

Jaestar3000

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagon
We're about to send my wife's 2010 JSW back to VW and have been looking at the Equinox Diesel AWD. - $7000 gives us a lot of hope we can get a good deal, did your premiere come with the sunroof package?

After getting to sit in one and tinker with all the buttons, etc., it's like GM wanted to take on the JSW directly, there are so many things that are extremely similar. She's pretty picky and hasn't owned an automatic in nearly 20 years, but she actually liked it more than anything else we've looked at, including a 2015 Golf SW!

2013 tdi fan

TDI
Our equinox has leather seats and the upgraded infotainment package 8 inch touchscreen and a ton of usb and power spots but no sunroof. The dealer had one with a sunroof but it was also awd and alot more.They had a good sale going in December not sure what they are doing now. I emailed every dealer within 500 miles for price quotes and worked the best ones against each other to get the price down. Finally john heister chevy in fuquay varina said they would match dealer in the baltimore area.

powerstrokeless

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V
Jester,

We bought ours on the last day of the manufacture rebate. They called it GM employee pricing event. Our car sounds like tdi fan, but in addition, the remote start, roof rack and a couple other ad-ons. We were at $5,000 below + a $700 gift card from Costco. So, the event ended on 1/2/18. Don't know if they have any other special pricing. The rep stated that it doesn't happen that often.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
GM is pretty transparent about their rebates and financing deals, unlike Dodge. For the LT trim, they are listing 0%/60 months or $2250 if financed through them.