www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old May 26th, 2017, 00:30   #1
amitsekhon
Veteran Member

Default Should i buy new 2015 golf TDI or should i wait for buybacks?

Hi folks, Need a suggestion.I am thinking to buy 2015 Golf TDI (brand new but 2015 stock) with $5000 off from the stcker price with 0% financing for 5 years.
But another though coming to my mind is to wait and get a used buyback from VW?Does it make sense?Would buying a used buyback be a better deal/choice than buying a 2015 new (old stock)?Would market be flooded by used buybacks?Please help me to decide.Thanks
amitsekhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2017, 05:02   #2
bmwM5power
Veteran Member

you would get a better deal on the new one vs used if you still can get what you want, but if I were you Id use 0% for 6 years
bmwM5power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2017, 07:31   #3
amitsekhon
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwM5power View Post
you would get a better deal on the new one vs used if you still can get what you want, but if I were you Id use 0% for 6 years
Thanks for the reply!.
In Canada ,(I think) VW offered only 5 year 0% financing for TDI.

Regarding buying used buybacks,don't you think they are going to be plenty of them in the market?
Old May 26th, 2017, 07:49   #4
Grigg3
Veteran Member

If you want the car and will miss not having one then buy a new one now.
If you can't decide, then try your luck at a used one later.
Old May 26th, 2017, 08:19   #5
luckydpt

If you can find one you like buy it now! (especially if you don't mind DSG)
I am super happy with mine but I know the day I took delivery there were something like 20-30 calls about it. (I think I had one of the last with 3 pedals in PA)
Just keep searching
luckydpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2017, 08:34   #6
kjclow
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 max / 44 avg on beetle ~37 on JSW

At least from posted prices on Cars.com, it doesn't look like the used ones are any cheaper than the new ones. I would opt for a new one, if you can find what you want, and get the bumper to bumper warranty.
Old May 26th, 2017, 08:45   #7
b1jackson
Veteran Member

I get the impression that the dealers will carefully select a few of the "cherries" out of the mix. The very low mileage and in demand cars (like perhaps fully loaded manuals) but they won't want a mega surge or want to be holding a big inventory of these cars. The rare super low mileage TDI.....not what most buy them for!

Dealer costs will be incurred for getting cars sale ready. Detailing, inspecting, perhaps tires, etc. How much input and effort do they want to put into a soon 3 year old car (even if the recent sale of 2015s prompted inquiries and high interest) when semi loads of 2018s are likely rolling in in the near future?

There will be a fine line for the consumer on buying used vs. new and paying very little more $$.
b1jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2017, 09:11   #8
amitsekhon
Veteran Member

Thanks everybody for the suggestions!!

Does anybody know someone who recently bought the used buyback from the dealer?Just to get an idea of the price?I called different dealers and nobody is giving any clue about the price.
Old May 27th, 2017, 21:02   #9
giuseppe_b
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 42 mpg avg

My dealer called me today, they have a white GSW SE 6M, with 60xx miles, asking price is 26991. He said they'llbe happy to work on that number. Also CPO , which gives 2 yr/24k like warranty after original expires in a year or so. Best they could do was 1.9% for 60 months.
The new one is a better bet if financing,
For anyone looking for a stick, these used ones may be the only option.
giuseppe_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2017, 10:44   #10
Bob S.
Veteran Member

My understanding is that the dealers are being provided with inventory lists, form which they can bid, submitting bids on the available buy back cars & VWNA is slowly releasing the buy backs so as not to flood the market & hurt their value. Essentially, the dealers are buying the cars and will control the selling price. From the couple salesmen I spoke to, the dealers & VW were surprised by the demand for the new 15's (especially the manuals), understand that there will not be any new incoming VW diesels in the foreseeable future and are likely to be holding on their, the dealer set, prices. So, do not be surprised if you see wide disparity in the prices of the buy back cars.

As others have suggested, if you have found a new 15 that suits your desires, buy it. Remember: He who hesitates loses (misquote from CATO)
Old May 28th, 2017, 11:58   #11
amitsekhon
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob S. View Post
& VWNA is slowly releasing the buy backs so as not to flood the market & hurt their value. Essentially, the dealers are buying the cars and will control the selling price.
I agree with you 100%
I have finalized the deal on new 2015 golf trendline(base model).
Old May 28th, 2017, 21:05   #12
vee-uu

I was surprised the new 6MTs became scarce so quickly, at least here on the west coast. Dealers were even marking them up. So after feeling I missed out, I jumped on an immaculate CPO that appeared on the lot. I suspect demand will be high for used 6MTs.

GSW SE 6MT, 32k mi, $21k plus TTL.

Last edited by vee-uu; May 28th, 2017 at 21:09.
vee-uu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2017, 21:36   #13
Bob S.
Veteran Member

Congratulations on your new car.
Old May 30th, 2017, 20:43   #14
amitsekhon
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob S. View Post
Congratulations on your new car.
Thanks Bob!! Going to pick it tomorrow.
Old June 10th, 2017, 21:40   #15
kimxyz

Smile Used 2015 TDI

I purchased 2015 Golf Sportwagen S with 17K miles for $20K. I will use the buy back program for my 2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen. I wan't able to get the color I wanted (white), but I am happy to have a replacement TDI. It feels good to have a "new car" and still have my disel wagen. WIth 15K for the 2010 I figure I got a great deal for the 2015
kimxyz is offline   Reply With Quote