VW Eurovan conversion TDI Syncro

VW911

TDI
Eurovan
I am doing a Eurovan conversion, I am just wondering anyone did something similar.

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
There's a gent also in Toronto who did a T4 Syncro TDI conversion. He's on here occasionally. He went with a mechanical pump.

Please tell us more about your conversion. Electronic? Gearing? Recipient? Photos too would be nice. Not too many T3/4 folks here but I'm sure it will be of interest to most of us.

VW911

TDI
Eurovan
I drove it today, it runs perfect. I'll start to post pictures how i did it. I used a 92 VW Eurovan for the conversion and the donor was 2006 Jetta TDI, with 20000 K.

eric_x

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 TDI Passat Wagon
That's awesome.. TDI and syncro. Where'd you get the syncro parts? How's it at highway speeds? What kind of mileage do you get? This is probably one of my dream cars..

VW911

TDI
Eurovan
I bought the whole van in Germany, but Canada doesn't let any vehicle into the country 15 or newer. I had to take it apart, i took the syncro system and the front end body parts.
The van i had it and 06 Jetta from a salvage auction.

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
VW911 said:
I bought the whole van in Germany, but Canada doesn't let any vehicle into the country 15 or newer. I had to take it apart, i took the syncro system and the front end body parts.
The van i had it and 06 Jetta from a salvage auction.
I could be wrong but I believe the recipient was a '92 Canadian T4.