Low idle at times ??

hodizz

TDI
MK5 tdi (BRM)
my 06 brm will idle as low as 720 rpm at times and sometime it will go to 800 then back down to 720 what could cause this ive check my cam and i have a new dmf i have also adjusted my timing...i hope its justs boost leak but just looking for some input ...any help would be great thanks

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
is there any big draw on the electrical system?

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
Have you hooked up VagCom to see if it's actually idling that low? Maybe the tach is flakey.

Would a dying tandem pump cause a flakey idle?

hodizz

TDI
MK5 tdi (BRM)
ive tried unpluging the maf to see if that would help but it remained the same when i have it hooked up to vagcom it matches whats on my tach but something i have noticed is when it is low and i hit the gas it will go back up to 800 but then fall back down... but i havent seen it past 800 since i got it back it used to be like 820 to 840 but at 720 it real rough with the down shifting is there any common leaks or could it be the flap on the intake getting stuck some how im very familiar with vw's but not so much on the tdi

FlyBoyOz

TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Hey Hodizz,

Did you ever get this resolved? Mine appears to be doing the same thing. Not as low as yours, but definitely in the 700's.

Thanks!

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
all started after vw replaced my dmf at 56,000 i have also recalibated the dsg but it didnt help
Believe it or not, but mine sometimes idles at those RPMs too. This started after replacing a DMF to a SMF. Mine isn't a DSG but manual, though.

hodizz

TDI
MK5 tdi (BRM)
still idles low but i looking around when doing my oil change and looks like my egr cooler is leaking this might be causing this issue