Door lock/alarm problem

marcusku

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Sportwagen, 15', red
The car is a 2010 Eos but I believe this should overlap with mk6's.

What works: Using the remote to unlock one more of the doors. Immobilizer unlocks, door opens and car starts without issue of the alarm.

Doesn't work: using any key including the valay to manually unlock the door. Drivers door unlocks but can't unlock the other door by repeating the action. Once the door is opened alarm sounds until key is inserted into the ignition and turned to run.

It seems as though the door lock module isn't recognizing the chip in the key(s). My thought was to replace the door lock module but I probably can't replace that myself without the dealer adapting the new lock to the immobilizer. I have vagcom but it was my understanding there isn't much you can do with newer immobilizers.

Any thoughts/advice?

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
I don't think the door lock module looks for the key chip. the chip is just for the ignition, that's why the alarm quiets when key is used in ignition. My thought leans to either a broken wire that sends the signal from the driver door to the computer, or the switch in the lock assy. either way it means taking the door apart to get to it. check the wires where they go between the door into the car frame. that's where all the flexing takes place. very common for wires to break there.