ABS Recall?

Craig72

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI 6-sp manual
I received a recall letter yesterday. One of the reasons I chose to sell my 2009 Jetta TDI back to VW (closed on Feb. 4) was that I experienced exactly the symptoms described in the letter, and did not want to be on the hook for a $2500 repair for a car I was going to have to sell back in a year and a half regardless (we all know there won't be a fix for the 2009s...). Now I find out I could have kept driving the Jetta and they would have fixed it for free? Argh... :mad:

Norman

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf GLS, '03 Wagon GL
Just took our '09 JSW SEL in to the dealer closest to work and got it fixed; I think there is SW that's updated and in our case the ABS module got replaced as well because it failed the tests after the updates. Anyway, ended up being at the dealer all day, but the dealership was great and service adviser kept me in the loop at all times.

We didn't notice anything out of the ordinary before the recall and we never had the ABS or ESP lights come on. Oh well.

If you get the notice and you're hanging on to your car, get it done sooner than later since it's a safety issue.

Craig72

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI 6-sp manual
If you get the notice and you're hanging on to your car, get it done sooner than later since it's a safety issue.
THIS. I did a 180 on the highway when I had to brake hard and my ABS failed. By some miracle I was not hit, pure luck.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Thanks for the info. I got my letter this week and had no idea it was expected. Driving on snow and ice for half of the year, I expect the system to work reliably, and it has several times just this week. [I always spot test my brakes in winter before getting onto higher speed roads.] I'll make an appointment and take it into the dealer when I have a day off.