Rear Coil Spring Part Number???

dcmatthe

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportswagen TDI
I have a 2010 JSW TDI and one of the rear coil springs snapped over the weekend. I am looking for a replacement and having a part number would really help. No local parts stores have them and the dealership hasn't been much help yet. I will probably order a replacement online so I would like a VW part number to match compatibility.

andydg

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have SW & Passat
I'm not sure if this one is correct, but I found it on 1stvwparts website.
1K0411105AQ. Shown to be for a 2010 Jetta TDI. Though I could not find the option for a Sportwagen. You might give them a call, ask for Troy.

Otherwise, I still have mine I pulled from my 2012 wagon and you're welcome to one or both rear springs. I put H&R sports on mine and kept the originals just in case.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Have the dealer look up the spring by VIN. Ask them what the paint code is for the correct spring. Verify it by looking at the paint dots on the spring in your car. Then you'll know what to order.

dcmatthe

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportswagen TDI
Thanks for the info everyone! I ended up getting a replacement spring with model number 1K0511115BT. I installed it last night with no issues. The color code was close (same number of dots) but the colors were off a few shades, possibly due to oxidation on the old spring. So far so good. The ride is back to normal.

I ended up calling a VW / Porsche tuning shop nearby called ECS Tuning and they were very helpful.