FS: 2003 Golf Estate 4Motion - 6MT, PD TDi

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
Great car imported from Germany at the beginning of the year - all service records available from Europe...TDI PD, 6spd manual, 220k km...asking price is $8500CAD ($6500USD)

- timing belt done at 190k
- brand new Bilstein shocks all around
- new brakes all around
- complete front end overhaul including new tie rods, ball joints, sway bar links, control arm bushings and wheel bearings
- 6spd manual transmission
- Audi leather steering wheel - original is included
- sits on a new set of Kumho All season tires, comes with a brand new set of Dunlop winters on steel rims
- comes with a skid plate (not installed)
- upgraded to Double din with AUX input and mp3 player
- 60L fuel tank
- Climatronic

It's currently registered in ON and is daily driven

Last edited:

tdi'd

TDI
2012 Golf (RIP), 1985 Golf (RIP), 2001 Golf
If anyone was wondering what I want for Christmas, this is it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B3achbum

Veteran Member
TDI
(Nigel) 2004 jw GLS 5sp / +332K miles, (Hildegarde) 2008 R320 CDI / +132K miles
Omigosh, what a cool car!!!
Did they put an ASV code motor in it? Or, would it be ARL?

What was the fate of the W8, BTW? Lost track of that one.

Thanks for posting!

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
Not 100% legally... it would be considered a gray market car because this exact vehicle configuration was not offered in the US.
I just want to know can I somehow register it in the US without having to jump thru massive hoops like 5 levels of inspections and so on.

Pay importer in VT or NH to import it then register in the US with said papers?

VAG-Aficionado

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS (x2)2002 Jetta Wagon 2005 Passat Wagon
you'd have to figure out a way to classify it as a 2wd Jetta Wagon with an ALH, and hope you live in a state with no inspection (possibly would have to put a Jetta Front before import). You will have to take the risk to falsify documents or swap the VIN with a US model and not get caught. People have done it: see the VW Polo TDI for sale on this site. There is also a newer (green) Eurovan thats pops up the last few years that was titled as a 1993 to meet the import standard. To import a car from Canada it has to be a model that has a VIN with 1, 2, or 3 (US, Canada, Mexico) or be an identical model sold in the US, or older than 25 years (1993).

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
yeah I haven't actually looked at importing in the US...so far all the cars I've sold have been NA models so a lot easier...

made a few edits to the ad above - mainly the spare engine I have was a BRM (losing track of them lol) so it wouldn't work with this car anyways...I've had a ton of people call and a few guys come and see it so far to kick the tires...apparently manual 4Motion TDi wagons are worth about 3-4k CAD and should be FLAWLESS lol :)

anyways - I priced this to basically account for worst case scenario on the Haldex - ie find a spare TT shell, drop the rear end, redo all bushings, clean up the Haldex and mount it on this car...so there should be plenty of room for a capable DIYer to sort this out and enjoy in the winter...I`ll see if I can find some more time to get under it in the next few weeks and sort this out...

oh - the W8 Wagon stayed in ON...it's down in Toronto area somewhere and I haven't heard back from the new owner so he must be pretty happy...the B7 A4 on the other hand went out to BC...the buyer flew over from Vancouver and drove it right across Canada and then went down to San Francisco with it...sounded like he was having a blast with the Holset setup...

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
did a quick decode of the production codes:

X4A = National sales program Austria
B0B = Component parts set, complying with vehicle type for Austria, various parts
C7Y = Alloy wheels 6.5J x 16
G0L = 6-speed manual transmission for four-wheel drive vehicle
H6U = Tires 205/55 R16 91W
J0L = Battery 340 A (70 Ah)
MS7 = 4-cyl. turbo diesel eng. 1.9 L/74 kW TDIpump-jet injection system Base engine is T5X/T21/T71
Q4H = Comfort sports seats, front
V0G = MICHELIN tires
1AT = Electronic stabilization program (ESP)
1G2 = Steel spare wheel with original equipment tires
2PX = Leather trimmed sports steering wheel
1NL = Covers for alloy wheels
5RQ = Right exterior mirror: convex
5SL = Left exterior mirror: aspherical
T5X = 4-cylinder diesel engine 1.9 L unit 038.L
0BL = Rear stabilizer
3S2 = Black roof rails
3U2 = Sliding trunk cover
QG1 = Service interval prolongation
0G4 = Cable gearshift
8AQ = Radio "beta" with removable operating panel
8GL = Alternator 120 A
8L3 = Roof antenna
1H0 = Without proportioning valve
1KE = Disc brakes, rear
1ZM = Disc brakes, front (Geomet D)
3YR = Door pockets with insert mats
G36 = Front shock absorption
2PX = Leather trimmed sports steering wheel
4UE = Air bag for driver and front seat passenger
4X1 = Side air bag front
4R4 = Power windows with comfort operation andcircuit breaker
4K3 = Radio remote controlled central locking operated from inside and safe securing
N2Z = Seat covering for special editions
5MA = Decorative inserts
8RE = 4 speakers (passive)
2JC = Comfort bumpers
E50 = "GTI USA" (I have to double check that one - obviously wrong)
0AR = Front stabilizer
0BL = Rear stabilizer
G36 = Front shock absorption
0GE = Emission standard EU3
1JX = Rear shock absorption, basic/sports design, four wheel drive
L39 = Suspension range 39 installation control only, no requirement forecast
0YZ = Without determination of weight categoryfor rear axle

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
updated the service list above - forgot to add the front wheel bearings...

also confirmed - engine code is ATD

Last edited:

crash400

Veteran Member
TDI
This is a 2003...with the P-D?

Can I put an ALH into it if I want? It looks like a Jetta Wagon that someone grafted the Golf front end onto.

Better yet, can someone tell me what I'm looking at? Is that essentially a 2003 GL (no can bus? no steering wheel controls) Jetta wagon with a Golf front clip and a P-D where the ALH belongs? I'd like steering wheel controls, but those are awful to put in a car that came without them, IIRC.

I've studiously avoided P-Ds since they came out. How do they compare to ALHs, God's own engine? Can I put Jetta leather seats into this?

Basically, I'd like a Jetta GLS wagon, but the AWD appeals in that the new house has what I can only describe as a San Francisco-style exit to the neighborhood the neighbors tell me is unpassable in the snow or ice--it's better than a 45-degree incline. I've been shopping Audis.

How awful would it be to title? I'd register it in Florida, where as a general rule I can title damn near anything...but I'd still need to get it through whatever VIN check a computer would do--there's no inspection, though. Should I just cut the VIN plate off a junked TDI?

(Yes, I appreciate that last thing might be illegal, but if I'm not stealing the car and I could register a Jetta with a P-D (and I can) I don't feel ethically compromised about it.) Or should I inquire about importers?

I'll even be in Ontario next week.

Last edited:

bbob203

Veteran Member
TDI
b5.5v
This is a 2003...with the P-D?

Can I put an ALH into it if I want? It looks like a Jetta Wagon that someone grafted the Golf front end onto.

Better yet, can someone tell me what I'm looking at? Is that essentially a 2003 GL (no can bus? no steering wheel controls) Jetta wagon with a Golf front clip and a P-D where the ALH belongs? I'd like steering wheel controls, but those are awful to put in a car that came without them, IIRC.

I've studiously avoided P-Ds since they came out. How do they compare to ALHs, God's own engine? Can I put Jetta leather seats into this?

Basically, I'd like a Jetta GLS wagon, but the AWD appeals in that the new house has what I can only describe as a San Francisco-style exit to the neighborhood the neighbors tell me is unpassable in the snow or ice--it's better than a 45-degree incline. I've been shopping Audis.

How awful would it be to title? I'd register it in Florida, where as a general rule I can title damn near anything...but I'd still need to get it through whatever VIN check a computer would do--there's no inspection, though. Should I just cut the VIN plate off a junked TDI?

(Yes, I appreciate that last thing might be illegal, but if I'm not stealing the car and I could register a Jetta with a P-D (and I can) I don't feel ethically compromised about it.) Or should I inquire about importers?

I'll even be in Ontario next week.
This is European model car. Mk4 Wagons are all Golfs in Europe and the sedans are called boras.

crash400

Veteran Member
TDI
This is European model car. Mk4 Wagons are all Golfs in Europe and the sedans are called boras.
Thanks for the clarification, Bob. So this is a naming convention only, right? That's just a (American-name) Jetta Wagon with a Golf front bumper?

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Thanks for the clarification, Bob. So this is a naming convention only, right? That's just a (American-name) Jetta Wagon with a Golf front bumper?
To be stubborn, it's a Golf wagon with a Golf front end. No grafting. It's the way it's supposed to be, outside of NA cars which got stuck with a Jetta nameplate and terrible Jetta headlights.

Awesome car bump.

crash400

Veteran Member
TDI
To be stubborn, it's a Golf wagon with a Golf front end. No grafting. It's the way it's supposed to be, outside of NA cars which got stuck with a Jetta nameplate and terrible Jetta headlights.

Awesome car bump.
Okay, but for the non-neckbeard VW fanbois interested in buying the car, this is what an American would call an A4 "Jetta" wagon, which--*at the factory*, by design, because they all look like that outside of North America--was fitted with a Golf front clip?

Thanks. Sorry to interrupt your soccer--er, football--scarf sorting party.

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
quick update - all Haldex electrical issues have been sorted out - the car has a new steering angle sensor and new triple accelerometer sensor under the dash...

I`m getting the Haldex pump cleaned and serviced in the next few weeks and getting some new oil in the system to finish everything up...

on the downside it's starting to smell like a bit of an exhaust leak unfortunately so that may need to be sorted out

NMDieselExplorer

TDI
B5.5 Passat TDI Wagon 6 speed ELN conversion
Cool wagon. We don't get the cool stuff because the domestic auto manufacturer's lean on our federal government to protect them. Same reason we couldn't get two door Isuzu Trooper RSs and generation 2 SWB Mitsubishi Monteros, as well as 70-series Land Cruisers or any of those "light trucks" with small turbo Diesel power plants. In Canada any car from another market just has to be 15 years or older and it is exempt from their FSS, DOT, & EPA standards. Here in the US it's 25 years and it's BS. The land of the free, alright.