code P00BD

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen dsg and 2015 Passat 6 M/T
Deja vu here. I really don't know how the phase one didn't fix this but I suppose there could be more than one event that could cause that code.

Hope they get you rolling asap

cmoor052

TDI
2015 Passat
UPDATE

The dealership found that my air box was damaged on the intake side of the MAF sensor and they suspect this is what's causing the high air input signal. They're making repairs as I'm typing this. Hopefully this is the fix.

The damage was on the underside of the airbox so I wouldn't have noticed it without disassembly. Thankfully, the CARVANA warranty covered the repair no questions asked. Just frustrated that I have to be without my car while the fix is being done.

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
How does the underside of the airbox get damaged? That is weird. That makes sense to me though as a cause of the POBD code.. Not that I know jack.....

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Also the underside is the dirty side, unless it messed up the seating surface of the filter, no idea what the techs are thinking. Smells really fishy, especially when carvana is picking up the tab.

Best of luck not having to make a return trip after they make "repairs".

cmoor052

TDI
2015 Passat
FINAL UPDATE:
The dealership replaced the airbox, tested the vehicle, and i've put about 100 miles on it without recurrence.

While I agree that it seems "fishy", the dealership showed me the take off part, and it was indeed cracked.

As an aside, the warranty process through CARVANA was a breeze for me. I didn't even have to make the call. The dealership took care of it all.

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Sounds good. For me we thought we had the problem licked several times and it returned each time until phase one did the permanent fix

Scottgenstein

TDI
2015 Golf Sportswagen
Also see 5/17/2019 post titled "2015 Sportwagen TDI recurrent P00BD code"--did you ever get to the bottom of your problem? Could it be that the code became a so-called "permanent" code that would recur even if the mass air flow problem was corrected, unless the readiness/complete monitors were reset using the proper drive cycle?