timing belt mechanic York,Pa.

jdab

TDI
04 jetta wagon, 02 jetta sdn
I have a 2004 Jetta wagon, tdi, 5 speed. Needs timing belt replaced. Any techs in York,PA. and area? Thanks.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Not a bad job to do, a weekend and a few tools and you can DIY, but as far as mechs, there are only a few around worth going to. If your willing to go to frederick MD, ill do it for you! kinda a hike, only hour and a half!

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
also there is a sticky on trusted mechs state by state on this forum TDI 101

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon; 2014 Golf TDI (buyback 7/26/17)
Give Kilby at Premier Euro Autowerks a call. He has a highly modified ALH and knows the BEW really well. His rates are reasonable and he gets a lot of parts from ID Parts. He’s located just a few blocks from Memorial Hospital.

Source: used to live in York before moving to Frederick. Mongler98 I’ll have to be on the lookout for you!

Last edited:

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon; 2014 Golf TDI (buyback 7/26/17)
There’s also Roberts Automotive just across the river in Mountville in Lancaster county. I believe they are even on the tdi club list.

~TDIguy~

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Sedan
GDM Motorwerks have a lot of TDI knowledge.... Talk to owner Les or service manager Ryan.. Theyre north of you a bit but ive always had good success there and there great guys! Best of luck....

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Give Kilby at Premier Euro Autowerks a call. He has a highly modified ALH and knows the BEW really well. His rates are reasonable and he gets a lot of parts from ID Parts. He’s located just a few blocks from Memorial Hospital.

Source: used to live in York before moving to Frederick. Mongler98 I’ll have to be on the lookout for you!
send me a PM, we can check out each others rides and STS over a few beers!