Bosch Settlement email

AmandaSch

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
They've got some good stuff (ex. I like their balls), but I've never gotten any better result out of a $35+ box of their balls than I have a decent budget ball. That doesn't inspire me to run out and drop $$$$ on their clubs.

I'm debating about getting a new set of irons at the moment. I'm still playing Ping G5's that I got new/fitted back in 2006. I went with 3-PW for that set. At this point, I regret not paying a little extra to get the optional UW, SW, and LW.

I purchased a new 50* Titleist and 54* Cleveland wedge last year. Me being tall (6'4")...they just don't work out very well, as they're off-the-shelf clubs. I should have just paid a few bucks more, gone to a Ping store, given them the serial number off my clubs, and had them order a couple fitted wedges. Lesson learned.

If I go the new irons route...I think I'll go to maybe 5-PW and put the money for the 3-4 irons towards the optional wedges.
2006 was about the last time I had played somewhat regularly. I had to look up what a U wedge was, lol. But I'm trying to get back into the game and with my irons being, think I bought them in late '90s, titleist dc981's, im gonna upgrade sometime soon, but yeah I'm definitely gonna do the fitting thing, which I've never done before. This snowstorm looks like it may put a damper
on next Saturday's round at Bulle Rock in Maryland. :mad:
Best of luck to you in your game and whatever you decide clubwise to do.

CraziFuzzy

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW (GoneBack) - replaced with '15 Azera and '16 Fiat 500e.
Amen. I just don't like Bosch's wording, to follow the sentence telling us we don't have to do anything, with "Go to VWCourt....".
If I don't have to do anything, don't tell me to do something...
That's... not what they said. It's an entire sentence, and needs to be read in its entirety.
"If you already filed, or if you file in the future, an approved claim in the 2.0-liter Settlement, you will automatically receive a payment through the Bosch Settlement. Go to www.VWCourtSettlement.com to file a claim online any time before September 1, 2018."

Trade Wind

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 2012 Passat SE 6 spd MT
If I own 3 cars with 3 claims, do I get $350 or $1,050? Please cite a source for your answer - I can't find it in the court docs. Thanks.

CraziFuzzy

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW (GoneBack) - replaced with '15 Azera and '16 Fiat 500e.
What in the world would make you think you only got $350? In any case, the 'source' in the docs is the information at the bottom of the letter you got, where it said to go to the website of call for more details.

GretchenTDI

TDI
2015 Beetle Convertible
Can anyone explain to me why my 2.0 settlement is worth $350 but a 3.0 settlement is worth $1500...... over four times more??

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Can anyone explain to me why my 2.0 settlement is worth $350 but a 3.0 settlement is worth $1500...... over four times more??
Its a settlement. Perhaps Bosch's alleged culpability in 3 liter software was greater than in 2 liter software.

Trade Wind

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 2012 Passat SE 6 spd MT
What in the world would make you think you only got $350? In any case, the 'source' in the docs is the information at the bottom of the letter you got, where it said to go to the website of call for more details.
. I do have a call into them. The person who answered the phone did not know, nor did his supervisor. They said they would get back to me, if they do I'll post the reply.

I tend to think you are right, but I just don't see it explicitly. I admit I skimmed the docs and did not study them.

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
Just received the email. The post card arrived late last week. I'm registered for the gen 1 "fix".

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
I tried to use the online portal, it brings me to the buy back site and when I log in goes to my current position in the buy back process, no where does it allow me to sign up for the Bosch settlement.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
What part of this isn't clear? There is no signing up for the Bosch settlement if you participated in the VW settlement. If you participated in the VW settlement, you'll be getting a check from Bosch.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
What part of this isn't clear? There is no signing up for the Bosch settlement if you participated in the VW settlement. If you participated in the VW settlement, you'll be getting a check from Bosch.
neat. I didn't know that. I figured they would have said it in the email

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I figured they would have said it in the email
They did. From the email, posted earlier in this thread:
If you already filed, or if you file in the future, an approved claim in the 2.0-liter Settlement, you will [FONT=&quot]automatically[/FONT] receive a payment through the Bosch Settlement.
But since you're (at least) the fourth person in this thread to ask this question since the email was posted, I had to ask: what part of this is not clear?

FVWVWF

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2012 TDI Highline Manual
Anyone know if I have to sign up for this?

Ha, just kidding.

M

McCarthy

Got no email, but a card in the mail. Payment some time in May.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
....yes, postcard in hand 03/17 (and I'm not even Irish!)...............

I guess the plan is sit tight (I have VW's (generous) buyback offer sitting on my credenza awaiting future notarization/return) and wait for the ".........up to $350......"

......here's hoping VW will provide a GSW 5M/6M with Vtex in the S series for 2018.........

...... yes, I know that folks in Hell want ice water............

It's all good!

ez

SOCALGAL

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan & 2013 Jetta Wagon
DH and I both received postcards yesterday. DH just checked his junk email and the info was their too.

I'm sure I'll be able to find something to purchase for my Wrangler. :p

rtking

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen 6MT
DH and I both received postcards yesterday. DH just checked his junk email and the info was their too.
I'm sure I'll be able to find something to purchase for my Wrangler. :p
Ditto here. Got the postcard in the mail today in Southern California.

upfisk

TDI
'04 Passat wagon, 2011 Golf TDI 4 door, 6 speed manual, 2015 GSW TDI DSG. al
My experience with Class Action lawsuits is that the "up to $350" means we'll be very fortunate to receive $3.50. Lawyers love class action lawsuits. When they copy a file they can and will charge $10/ page. They will consume at least 75% of the settlement

vdubmom2b

TDI
2013 Jetta Wagon
Any one hear anything new on when they again will be issuing checks. There seens to not be any system to it!