Best OBDII gauge/scanner/VCDS

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
Best OBDII gauge/scanner/VCDS

Looking for something to mount in the cockpit to see some parameters while I dirive. At least turbo temp, boost, fuel flow, torque/HP would be nice. I know the "AeroForce Intercepter" is one.

I have a CAN Vagcom/Ross Tech USB cable, used laptop a few times to gather data while driving. I want something to leave in full time.

BarnyardsTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf w/DSG, Malone Stage 2 (all emissions intact), HID's, Sunroof, Dynaudio, NAV
I love the scangauge II. Mounted on top of my steering column. Nothing on the instrument cluster is obstructed. I've programmed in EGT, DPF temp and boost pressure. I currently display those with my battery voltage.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
[/IMG]

this is my scangauge II on the dash. (on the left) it sits below my line of site to the bottom of the windshield. http://www.scangauge.com/

Barnyards, what are your x gauge settings? I think I have the CANSF Catalyst temp bank 2 sensor 1, and it shows regen temps pretty clearly.

Last edited:

tcp_ip_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sedan
+1 on the ScanGauge II. I mainly use mine for EGT and (accurate) water temp so I can track DPF regens. It sits nicely on top of my steering column with no special mounting hardware.

Last edited:

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
Thanks for the INFO the Scan Gauge II is a good choice. I think I will go for that OR....

UltraGauge EM - It is half the price and displays more. They also have a new MX version out that can access extra parameters, I think like X-gauge on the SGII does. EverythingI have read says nice things about both, with the SGII being a tad better, but with the price difference the UG seems to be a contender.

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
Thanks for the INFO the Scan Gauge II is a good choice. I think I will go for that OR....

UltraGauge EM - It is half the price and displays more. They also have a new MX version out that can access extra parameters, I think like X-gauge on the SGII does. EverythingI have read says nice things about both, with the SGII being a tad better, but with the price difference the UG seems to be a contender.
Interesting, I didn't know about that one.

I've been considering a SG-II, but hesitated at the price (I have VCDS, so it's semi-redundant.)

I like the blue-text-on-black of the of this UltraGauge EM, too.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
I personally own a ultragauge and love it. Not used too often, but I found it has a ton of very useful features and gauges.

hyperhyper

TDI
2014 Passat TDI Manual, Malone Tuning 1.5
I love the scangauge II. Mounted on top of my steering column. Nothing on the instrument cluster is obstructed. I've programmed in EGT, DPF temp and boost pressure. I currently display those with my battery voltage.
Barnyard:
I coded my older scan gauge as you have for my 2014 passat tdi. The newer versions allow boost to replace map, at least in the literature.

I also tried the fuel level for cansf vehicles to no avail. Anyone know if there's a way to code the fuel level? Also, I assume it's okay to nearly run the tank dry without damaging the in tank fuel pump?

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
On the Scangauge II, I prefer to run MAP to boost, because with a diesel and driving through altitude changes, the MAP is, in my opinion, more meaningful. I live at 2300 ft above sea level. When you turn the ignition on in my driveway, the MAP typically reads 13.3