Green Diesel Engineering Beta Testing Review

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
At this point, I'm planning to keep the car. Being a Gen 1 [10/08 build date] we await approval notice from EPA on a fix. No AdBlu system on the car, so defeating NOx problems will not be easy.

The car and the tune continue to work well together. Alaska is into mid-summer fuel - no anti-gel additives. Possibly a few more regens on the DPF, but still far less than I noted before the tune. Mileage is improved between 10 - 15% and I like the way the engine pulls.

Are there others besides me who still have their cars with the Beta tunes?

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
At this point, I'm planning to keep the car. Being a Gen 1 [10/08 build date] we await approval notice from EPA on a fix. No AdBlu system on the car, so defeating NOx problems will not be easy.

The car and the tune continue to work well together. Alaska is into mid-summer fuel - no anti-gel additives. Possibly a few more regens on the DPF, but still far less than I noted before the tune. Mileage is improved between 10 - 15% and I like the way the engine pulls.

Are there others besides me who still have their cars with the Beta tunes?

My wagon remains stock (but your - in bold above - words certainly pique this sailor's interest).

Assume your average was near mine - are you now averaging over 50 MPG?

All the best, ez ......(who left Navy active duty after receipt of AK orders..................)

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
No. I drive mostly in the Anchorage area, and just "in town" driving in summer is getting about 38 mpg. As I venture out to the mountains to cycle I'm adding more highway driving. With all of the motorhomes coming to see Alaska, speeds don't stay high for very long. If I could do an entire tank on the highway, I'd probably see upper 40s. AS it is, I'll see low to mid 40s. Also, please know the gear ratios on the 09s were lower than on yours. At 65 mph, I'm turning about 2250 rpm. I have gotten the impression you have a higher gear so you'r mileage will vary. Hehe. FWIW, the car is about ready to turn over 100k miles.