clearing dtc's with vcds..please help..

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
My wife's 2013 passat battery apparently is having a battery/charging issue.. anyway she was trying to start the car with a low battery and we know that can cause ALL sorts of dtc's.. dozens of them! ( after a full auto vcds scan, NOT obd scan)..Not a problem clearing them on a earlier/other models...when I try to clear all of them (clear all dtc's button)..eventually shows "professional grade interface required" ?? I have the ross tech MICRO CAN dongle..Shouldn't I be able to clear all the dtc's from the full scan? Or am I having a senior moment?? :eek:(62yrs) LOL..or am I doing something wrong for real?.:confused:.Thanx for any help..

Last edited:

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
My wife's 2013 passat battery apparently is having a battery/charging issue.. anyway she was trying to start the car with a low battery and we know that can cause ALL sorts of dtc's.. dozens of them! ( after a full auto vcds scan, NOT obd scan)..Not a problem clearing them on a earlier/other models...when I try to clear all of them (clear all dtc's button)..eventually shows "professional grade interface required" ?? I have the ross tech MICRO CAN dongle..Shouldn't I be able to clear all the dtc's from the full scan? Or am I having a senior moment?? :eek:(62yrs) LOL..or am I doing something wrong for real?.:confused:.Thanx for any help..
I doubt that it's a senior moment. I do not know for sure why you are having this issue but in my experience the "clear all DTCs" doesn't always clear everything. Try going into each controller individually and clearing the faults manually in each controller. It will take a little longer, but it should work.

Have Fun!

Don

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
Failing that, since you have a genuine interface you get genuine RossTech support.

They have a good reputation for being responsive, and also about wanting to identify actual issues with their product.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
Thanx guys.. will work on a solution..this week..there is dozens of faults..it happens with a dying battery..just have not had this problem with not clearing before..

jef@rosstech

Associate Ross-Tech Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 Dog hauling, wood towing, pinball stashing Jetta wagon