Wow, Pape & Queen Bio $106.9 a Lilter

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I do not cover the amount of kilometers a day as many of you do, but I have been lucky in a way to be out near Dixie Road every time I needed fuel and there I am getting Sunoco Gold for 83.9 a liter.
If I was not nearby then it would not pay to drive from the east end to fill up there, but it ticks me off no end that the least expensive in the east is 91.9.
The Sunoco at Ellesmere and Bellamy was that yesterday.
Find fuel prices anywhere in Ontario or North America by using this website:
http://www.gasbuddy.com/Gas_Prices/Ontario/index.aspx

shutterbug

I wind up at the Sunoco station on Dixie and 401. I usually find that area a bit cheaper than the rest. I've always found East of the Don Valley to be a few cents more per litre. I've no idea why.

Rx

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
dieseltwo said:
Way too much, they have lost me as a customer at a $106.9 a liter
diesel2, are you absolutely certain of your math :confused: That would be comparable to $351/gallon in the USA. We're not even close to that...at least not in my neighborhood :)

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
dieseldorf said:
diesel2, are you absolutely certain of your math :confused: That would be comparable to $351/gallon in the USA. We're not even close to that...at least not in my neighborhood :)
Bio Diesel here sells usually at a premium price. Very few charge the same as Dino.

At todays exchange rate it is US$ 3.78

$1.069 x 3.78 = $ 4.04 Cdn

==============================================

From XE currency exchange website.

Live rates at 2007.06.23 03:15:16 UTC
4.04 CAD = 3.78421 USD
Canada Dollars United States Dollars
1 CAD = 0.936686 USD 1 USD = 1.06759 CAD

Last edited:

seftonm

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf
You missed the joke. dieseltwo said that biodiesel was one hundred six dollars and ninety cents per liter.

At least you can buy bio in Ontario. Biodiesel plants in my region are planned but still a long way from development.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Jetta_Pilot said:
Bio Diesel here sells usually at a premium price. Very few charge the same as Dino.

At todays exchange rate it is US$ 3.78

$1.069 x 3.78 = $ 4.04 Cdn

==============================================

From XE currency exchange website.

Live rates at 2007.06.23 03:15:16 UTC
4.04 CAD = 3.78421 USD
Canada Dollars United States Dollars
1 CAD = 0.936686 USD 1 USD = 1.06759 CAD

R, I'm good with the math and exchange rates. Go back and look at his post. He says fuel is selling for $106 for one litre :eek:

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
So the OP erred by inserting the PERIOD in the correct spot, look beyond a small error like that. Everyone knows what is meant as far as the price is concerned.

In another forum, Lonely Planet, someone has a few postings where there are about 10 - 15 lines written without any PERIOD's, comma's or a single capitalized letter. Its not up to me to criticize that, it should have been the teachers in school.

Last edited:

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
After 2 tanks of B20 I am switching back to D2.

Less power, less mpg's... No thanks.... I drove a constant 110km/h on my daily commute to Toronto and back with a full tank of B20 and only recorded 48.5MPG (US).

Last tank of D2, driving an average of atleast 120km/h netted me just under 1100km's before the light came on.

If the price was substancially lower I might think about it, but I can get D2 @ the Husky on Hwy88 for 89 cents a litre...No brainer.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
it is B50 there now, which is pretty good stuff. is their B100 in the yellow 20L jerry cans still $1.00 per litre (with GST)?

dieseltwo

Veteran Member
Not putting the point, or decimal in the WRIGHT place. Most knew it was a dollar and six cents I was saying. But it may as well be one hundred, for I will not go back to Pape Queen at the dollar and six cents a liter. For what it's worth the Barrie B20 is at .969 a liter as of last night. Did I write it that way for a joke? Does not really matter. But for the picky ones out there, it was a mistake, no big deal now eh. Was in a hurry that day and wrote the tile down to fast at work. For the ones that sounded like they were defending me, for a small ?, mistake, Thank-you. Every one have a great July 1st long week end now eh.

Last edited:

dieseltwo

Veteran Member
For what it's worth. Husky north of the city, at 400 & 88 is 89.9 cents and the Sunoco Gold at Rodgers RD and Westen Rd is up from 83.9 cents to 86.9 cents a liter. That was as of Mon., July 02.

Friar

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 5spd
My last fill at PetroGreen /Stohos was last week (today is 5th July) and their Bio was 99.9 / litre. However they are very vague about when or if B50 is to arrive. Apparently the owner isn't overly interested in B50 or BioDiesel period.
I can only wonder how much longer they will carry Biodiesel of any kind with that business attitude.

With the great mileage and performance I get from BioDiesel, not to mention the environmental advantages.. I'm sticking with it but now I will drive over to TTT in Milton for it.