Time for a T-belt change at 69k?

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
How about anyone with an early 02 my TDI automatic look under the hood to see if they have the 40k T-belt replacement sticker .??

I did see early 02 Golf or Jetta TDI automatics with the 40k T-belt warning sticker under the hood . So I know I did see at least one but at this point I can't really recall which one it was but it was a 2002 my TDI on the window sticker .

And we all know how reliable VW literature can be like on what oil to use :rolleyes: . So I don't care what someone comes up with from VW on what was installed when .

Because it doesn't change what I saw .

chewbacca

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS; 2002 Golf GLS (Mrs. Chewbacca)
ymz said:
Just go and get your timing belt changed by your friendly local VW dealer and you'll find that they will probably install the OLD style belt, because that's what's in the book...

Yuri.
That wouldn't surprise me at all. However, thanks to all of you I now know that I will never let a dealership come within 10 yards of my TB.

meganuke

TDIClub Contributor, Vendor
TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Thanks for the info on the tensioner. I'm spoiled...I always recommend the dieselgeek kit because I know it has everything in it. No need to crosscheck part numbers!