Used 2014 Q7

silvrmax04

TDI
2012, 2015 Passat TDI SE
I have a chance to get a 14 Q7 premium tiptronic. 51k miles for $30k. Black with tan interior. Good deal? Is this awd? What are your thoughts on these? I am familiar with the Passat tdi not the 3.0. Turned in a 12 Passat manual. Bought a 15 Passat auto. Not the same power wise. Not much to read on the Q7 like the Passat forum.

MEgearhead

Veteran Member
TDI
B5.5, 4L, 4G
The Q7 is a wonderful vehicle. We have had 2; a 2009 and a 2015. However, they are not really an economical vehicle like the Passat. Tires, brakes, etc. cost real money on the Q7. They are all AWD, or Quattro as Audi calls it. The 3.0 TDI is a very nice engine with good torque right out of the gate. The emissions modification has brought the mileage down a few points, but it's still a good vehicle. Just don't expect it to be cheap to maintain. It's not excessively expensive for a sports SUV, but significantly more than a sedan like the Passat.

lml999

TDI
2010 Touareg V6 TDI
I have a chance to get a 14 Q7 premium tiptronic. 51k miles for $30k. Black with tan interior. Good deal? Is this awd? What are your thoughts on these? I am familiar with the Passat tdi not the 3.0. Turned in a 12 Passat manual. Bought a 15 Passat auto. Not the same power wise. Not much to read on the Q7 like the Passat forum.

Check the model...is this Premium or Premium Plus? Premium Plus adds a lot...on the 2013 Xenon lamps, for instance. Not sure about the 2014. Use the Audi VIN decoder to find the original sticker.

Also, btw, these cars can be incredibly expensive to maintain, if you go to the dealer. They can also be really expensive if you have a good private mechanic.

If you want a reliable, inexpensive SUV, you probably should look at an MDX or similar. Not nearly as nice, but less expensive to own.

I wouldn't drive anything different than an Audi, and I deal with the expense. :)

Buying well depreciated cars that have been taken care of seems to help...