04 Jetta tdi Diesel power tuning box (no power)

R1TDI

TDI
2004 PDTDI Sport Edition
Well I have had this car for just under 6 months now and loved it (2004 TDI Sport PD BEW 143,000kms). But like many others felt that it could use some more power. I did my research and in the end decided to go with the following setup... (Autometer Cobalt Boost and EGT Gauge, digi pd tuning box wired to accelerator pedal, Digi TPC boost controller, boost valve, and 3 inch straight piped turbo back exhaust.

After all this, one would think my car would have a dramatic improvement in performance. Not the case. I could feel an increase that was obviously the opened up exhaust letting the engine breath better but that was about it. But considering I spent 350 on the tuning box another 315 on the tpc boost controller and about 850 or so on custom exhaust and install, the car should have a night and day difference. I copied the setup of a pd tdi golf with both our engines being BEW's. Mods to both cars are identical accept different boost and egt gauges and his car even with 4 rims and tires crammed in the back seat along with a trunk full of hockey equipment would absolutely destroy my car in acceleration.

My car with TB set on the E or F setting should be quite noticeably smoking in the rear but I have no smoke at all. Turning the TPC boost controller up also even worsens performance. It seems to perform best with the TB at a or b and the tpc at 3 but even that is berely stronger than stock. The car has low power for a modded car but pretty much same as factory power levels and absolutely no smoke at all. I see posts on here all the time with (no power lots of smoke) but mine is (no power no smoke.)

I have just replaced the upper hose from intercooller hard line to egr (The one that always fails) because the metal nubs where warn right down making it very loose. I figured maybe a boost leak was my problem. That had a very minor improvement. Still no power. I am at the point of removing everything and selling this car because its been nothing but problems and cost me money.

I had the vehicle inspected before buying, Changed all the fluids, did the timing belt all the necassary precautions and figured I had a good car. Well any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated before I turf this thing.
Thanks,
Ryan.

bluesmoker

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 pd 5 speed tip
R1TDI said:
Well I have had this car for just under 6 months now and loved it (2004 TDI Sport PD BEW 143,000kms). But like many others felt that it could use some more power. I did my research and in the end decided to go with the following setup... (Autometer Cobalt Boost and EGT Gauge, digi pd tuning box wired to accelerator pedal, Digi TPC boost controller, boost valve, and 3 inch straight piped turbo back exhaust.

After all this, one would think my car would have a dramatic improvement in performance. Not the case. I could feel an increase that was obviously the opened up exhaust letting the engine breath better but that was about it. But considering I spent 350 on the tuning box another 315 on the tpc boost controller and about 850 or so on custom exhaust and install, the car should have a night and day difference. I copied the setup of a pd tdi golf with both our engines being BEW's. Mods to both cars are identical accept different boost and egt gauges and his car even with 4 rims and tires crammed in the back seat along with a trunk full of hockey equipment would absolutely destroy my car in acceleration.

My car with TB set on the E or F setting should be quite noticeably smoking in the rear but I have no smoke at all. Turning the TPC boost controller up also even worsens performance. It seems to perform best with the TB at a or b and the tpc at 3 but even that is berely stronger than stock. The car has low power for a modded car but pretty much same as factory power levels and absolutely no smoke at all. I see posts on here all the time with (no power lots of smoke) but mine is (no power no smoke.)

I have just replaced the upper hose from intercooller hard line to egr (The one that always fails) because the metal nubs where warn right down making it very loose. I figured maybe a boost leak was my problem. That had a very minor improvement. Still no power. I am at the point of removing everything and selling this car because its been nothing but problems and cost me money.

I had the vehicle inspected before buying, Changed all the fluids, did the timing belt all the necassary precautions and figured I had a good car. Well any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated before I turf this thing.
Thanks,
Ryan.
with this set up your car should go like crazy, a lady here in maple ridge had the similar set up and was running low 15 second quarter miles

take it to js performance, Jose is a tdi guru and will fix you up, he is literally down the street from your house

http://www.jsperformance.ca/contact_us.php

JoeHafner

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta 2014
abctdi said:
Sad but true...
Very sad.. It was simply a bad connection to the throttle pedal potentiometer. Now with the correct voltage on the white wire of the PD Pro the car goes like stink.