2015 Purchase

JARED_LA

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
New to Touareg but not tdi diesels. Dealer has a recent lease that was brought in with 36k miles. Managers wife.
28,900 miles fuel tank removed and replaced, muffler replaced
33,590 miles crankshaft oil seals replaced, fuel pump replaced, intake manifold gaskets replaced.

Work was done at the dealer and salesman explained it was bad diesel.

Also,few questions:
1. What is expected lifespan of dpf?
2. Is this turbo oil cooled similar to 2.0 tdi?
It’s a beautiful car, Black with brown interior.
Should I stay away?
Thanks
Jared

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
Injectors replaced?

The fact that different components of the fuel and exhaust system were replaced at different times would make me very suspicious and concerned. If *everything* impacted by a misfuel (likely deterioration/grenading of the HPFP and subsequent metal particle contamination of the system) has been replaced at the same time, then it's a new system. I might look at that differently, although personally I'd still be a bit nervous.

Others more knowledgeable than me will surely chime in.

JARED_LA

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Thanks Tom and I agree with your suspicions. Touaregs are few and far between. Looks like I may be better off locating a Q5 tdi...

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Are you planning to tow anything? The Q5 has a much lower towing capacity rating (4400 LBS) than the T-Reg (7700 LBS) Was a factor for me when shopping mine.

As for the repairs it should at least be fully warranted so keep that in mind.

JARED_LA

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
No towing. I have a Tundra for that. I will drive for a year and then hand over to my daughter....