what is bsfc for CR engine 09-14

Little Joe

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta HL
In addition to the above? does anyone know what the engine oil pressure is at operating temp and 1400rpm= 50mph in 6th gear.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
I don't know, but somebody will. You might get more / quicker results if you put your request into context, that is: (Why do want to know and what neat thing do you wish to do with this info?).

It raises the interest level.

Bill

Little Joe

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta HL
Just curious as I have had a few diesels over the years (cummins, LandCruiser) The bsfc graphs are usually not really anywhere close to where the best power/economy is produced with the engine in a vehicle on the road.

The 1400rpm cruise in high gear just seems too low to have ANY kind of a load applied especially if the oil pressure is on the low side.

Thanks for the info

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
As noted from the ecomodder link above (actually using my image without attribution to me or especially the original source, even quoting my words verbatim without attribution), the BSFC is not one specific value but changes throughout the engine load/speed range.

It is true that in almost all vehicular applications, the best-point BSFC is not really anywhere near where one predominantly drives - this is where hybrid drivetrains derive some of its economy advantages.

The best one can do is operate - as much as possible - at the range of lowest BSFC for given driving speeds and conditions and, with very few exceptions noted, this almost always occurs when driving at the highest gear without severely lugging the engine.