FS: 2001 Golf GLS Silver 180k 5sp 11mm RC2 Vegpower SVO many New Parts Cleveland Ohio

polaris962

TDI
A mk4 hoard
wvo

most members on this forum are pretty hard on vehicles that have been vegged out. can cause problems with inj. pumps, polymerized rings etc. does it burn oil?

nun101

TDI
01 Golf GLS
I've read about the horror stories. The good thing about this one is that it was set up by someone who wrote a book on the subject and the last owner used peanut oil exclusively, for long distance 3-8 hour trips on the highway. I've only run one tank of canola myself.

In my limited research into veg + tdi, I've seen that a lot of people just say no. The people that say yes say 1) highway and 2) Rocketchip 2 Euro.

It does use a little oil, nothing too crazy as far as I can tell, definitely no oily smoke when accelerating or shifting. A poof of blue on the first start of the day. There is some oil in the intake piping, a film really. I found no puddle in the intercooler but I also WOT every time I get on the highway with an up to temperature engine.

Do you think a compression test would boost confidence? I don't have a tester for diesels but I could possibly buy one in the next couple weeks. I'm not opposed to bringing it to a diesel shop for an interested party either.

I also have an extra set of pop tested injectors that have never seen veg.