Interested to get 2005 Passat TDI

AMGE36

TDI
Looking for Passat TDI
Hi
I am interested to purchase 2005 Passat TDI.
Some peoples saying lots of problems with Injection - Heads - Oil Pump - Auto Transmission and Body Rust.
Do those TDI have DSG transmissions?
How much cost to set up opening pressure on the injector and who can do in Mississauga?
DSG transmission is very easy to fix what I have seen on youtube?
Heads Cylinders cracks - can be replaced by heads from 1.9 TDI ?
Do Oil pumps get modification up to now and the best place to buy a new one?
Where in Ontario we can buy body parts for Passat TDI
Do we can buy those aftermarket Front Sports Bumpers call R line Duraflex very beautiful looks.
I spend over 20 years with Mercedes Diesels and now drive GLS350d
I am retired and need somthing to do.
Watching Europeans what are doing with the cars.
About 90% love VW TDI and 1.8T
1.9 TDI get the title of best diesel on the world
How really is the 2 L TDI ?
Is friendly or as con artist hooker?

Scubanero

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon
The transmission is by ZF. The only serious engine issue is the balance shaft module. Search this forum and read about replacement or deletion.

AMGE36

TDI
Looking for Passat TDI
The transmission is by ZF. The only serious engine issue is the balance shaft module. Search this forum and read about replacement or deletion.

Thank you very much for the information.
I went to all information about Oil pump and modifications.
My head gets hard means overloaded with very important things.
Now I can say life can be much more interested and joyful when we have or getting proper knowledge.

Once more thank you.

jturco7

TDI
2005 Passat GLS TDI (BHW)
I'm the original owner of a 2005 Passat TDI GLS. I've taken very good care of it, yet it did get into a few small accidents over the years. All cosmetic stuff and repaired at the dealership. It has around 148,500 miles on it. I love driving this car, and I've spent a ton on repairs. It's near new, except now, it apparently is going to need a torque converter.

I've done the Oil pump conversion (2018), new timing belt, new vacuum/fuel pump (all in late 2017 early, 2018). In 2015, I rebuilt the suspension: New control arms, upper and lower and installed Bilstein HD shocks. New tie rods at the same time...all new. Drives like a sports car. As very good tires.

In the last month (11/2018), I had all new OEM brakes installed, a right wheel bearing and a new AC compressor! Oh, I forgot, I also put in new CV shafts...the good ones, by Raxles. That was in 2018 as well.

I get the car back, now the torque converter deal! I'm thinking of getting a truck and can't keep too many vehicles around. There is some beginning rust on the right wheel well area. I live in Omaha (Bellevue), NE. The rest of the body is fine.

Great hobby/project car. I've put a LOT into this car, but I need to move on and get my diesel truck for other hobbies I have! I'm interested in selling, but it will be hard to part with.

jturco7

TDI
2005 Passat GLS TDI (BHW)
KC3k-

KCk3- Got your private message regarding my 2005 Passat TDI. Could you allow private messages to go to you? They are getting kicked back. Thank you.