Best option to DELETE EGR and KEEP ASV

VIPNiSS

TDI
MK4
Hey guys does anyone make any kits to make this possible? I would like to delete the EGR but retain the function of an ASV just in case of a runaway.

ToxicDoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, S7, .216
The dynamic tune seems to be the best option to retain the benefits of the EGR warm up. However, if you just want to shut down all EGR, all you have to do is use a block off plate - no gas enters but the ASV function remains.

Momentslater

TDI
2003 Jetta 535k km
All I did was remove the EGR Cooler and bypassed the coolant hoses. I used a crap ton of aluminum foil and sandwiched it in-between the exhaust manifold and the pipe that goes to the EGR cooler. Then I just slapped at piece of aluminum tape onto the bottom of the EGR/ASV and unplugged the vacuum line to the EGR Valve and put a bolt in it. I have an CEL but that can be removed in a tune.

I'd strongly recommend getting a block off plate instead of being "roadkill" with alluminum foil like me. It's pretty ghetto and probably won't last more than a year but it didn't cost me extra.

UFO

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle
I plugged the vacuum line to the EGR, and built a circuit to emulate EGR function to the ECM. No CEL, everything else functions normally.

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
Ideally a tune would be best, search the MAF twist, it works you won't get a CEL but you need VCDS so you can see what is given verses what is requested. Just my .02

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
I plugged the vacuum line to the EGR, and built a circuit to emulate EGR function to the ECM. No CEL, everything else functions normally.
What did you do to get the change in air flow that the ECU should pickup?
:confused: