Photobucket support group?

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
'01, '01, '03, ‘06 NB - TDIs all.
A week and a half now after "deleting" my account, which they said would be permanently deleted on July 6, and the account still exists.

This ticks me off. I want it gone so they cannot use it as a stat to charge their advertisers.
100% agree. I too want it gone.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
I'm going to upload everything I can to take up their server space and move the stuff I actually need to a decent site.

In the meantime I told them they suck on their facebook page. Made me feel a little better :)

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
They have way more space than you will ever have access to. An exercise in futility. I would just delete the account. Less users has more meaning than trying to flood the limited space you are allotted.

1.9ZOOK

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH Samurai
I'm going to upload everything I can to take up their server space and move the stuff I actually need to a decent site.
In the meantime I told them they suck on their facebook page. Made me feel a little better :)
That's what I did and then deleted everything and quit the account.
I gave a very nasty reason for quitting.:)

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
They finally deleted my account, ten days after they said they would.

Glad to be completely rid of Photof*ckit and not be a statistic they can use for advertising revenue.

Delete your accounts and hit them in the pocketbook!

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Well, this is news to me! But, I haven't been in my PB account in a very long time.

About two years ago, I started going back to various places I had posted pics linked to PB and replacing them. I never completed the task but will!

I guess I need to dump the account!

jackbombay

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A4 Jetta
I'm hoping that amazon will buy photobucket and image hosting will be included with the prime annual membership fee.

I have zero reason to believe this will happen, but...

pdq import repair

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta
Found this on another post so I can't take credit for it but it works if you use firefox. Add this app and it will load photobucket images. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...otobucket-fix/

I see photobucket still has me on their mailing list and tries to entice me to join them still, now at a reduced price. I would rather walk across broken glass barefoot after their little fiasco than rejoin them. That is why I love this app, as it opens their previously closed images for free.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Well, I'm almost finished replacing PB photo links here in the TDI Club. I only used them for my TDI conversion project. So, it's been an easy task for me. The TDI photo thingy works really well once you learn how to use it.

I did dump the PB account. I have no desire to use them in any other format or with Amazon, etc.

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
They just auto renewed me, which I agreed to when I signed up, at $15 which was the original price.

Not sure if that includes the hosting of pichers or not. I've looked on forums where I have pics using a computer that I've never been on PB with and they still seem to work.

Been meaning to cancel PB, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

1.9ZOOK

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH Samurai
I deleted everything from PB then 1/2 a year later learned there is a fix to see
the photos again,oh well.I think the pics will show up on servers other than the original server they were uploaded to.if that makes sense......

pdq import repair

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta
It was such an underhanded low blow to hold people hostage like that with no warning that I am surprised they have even survived. I am thankful that someone came up with an app to cure the problem, and for free to boot. I also saw that they have a fix for chrome and others too. At least people don't have to repicture their posts.

I didn't delete my pb account feeling that I am probably more of a nuisance to them remaining than deleting. I will never ever use them again that is for sure.