GTB2056v install

azibi_130

TDI
ibiza
hi there fellows...
i'm upgrading my turbo, and let me tell u guys, it's tricky to prepare GTBs turbos (vacuum, bracket, stop screw, etc.)
i have some pics of what i'm doing, i'll share for anyone who needs some aditional info or just for the pics...

new homemade piece for stop screw...

azibi_130

TDI
ibiza
custom bracket for GTBs...i know it's ugly, but for me it's fine, since work...

here we have already the short lever (i cut the oem lever in place, and will weld the pin with about 2.5cm [vnt15 has 3cm of lever]).

but i have a doubt, the method i did, will it do the same work has vnt 15 lever swap?!!?

azibi_130

TDI
ibiza
i have already finish the preparation of the turbo, small things need to adjust (oil lines etc...)

more pics with turbo already mounted....

i think this angle it's ok...what do you people have to say about?actuator moves freely and doesn't touch anything...

azibi_130

TDI
ibiza
i seen your work too mate...nice one...before i done anything i read a lot in others installations of gtb turbo (like your preparation) and what i have to do...

plasma-space

TDI
VW Golf mk5 (170 tdi)
Hi i am new to this site & have bought a 2008 VW Golf (170bhp tdi).

I had the car fully services with new performance oil, K&N panel air filter, EGR disabled, DPF removed, backbox gutted & stage 2 remap - im guessing its around 220bhp now.

The thing i want to know is can i get past 235bhp?
I heard the injectors are a limiting facxtor on these cars is there no way i can get over 280bhp for my car?

PS. Sorry for hijacking a good thread i just want an answer to my query!

Thanks

Last edited:

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Expect to pay a few thousands to get your 2.0 engine to 280Bhp... You better look at Darkside turbo kits, the gtb2260vk can flow enough air for your goal but it will be laggy. I would look at a 2056vl turbo and limit your target to 250 Bhp, it will boost almost as stock and pull very well indeed. Nozzles are the limiting factor so you need to look into upgrading these as well- well expensive ! Just remember, the first 50 Bhp cost you a few hundred euros and the next 50 will cost you few grand !

plasma-space

TDI
VW Golf mk5 (170 tdi)
Okay well what is the maximum power / torque i can expect from my 2008 VW Golf 170 tdi (2.0 GT Sport) PD engine without changing my standard injectors?

plasma-space

TDI
VW Golf mk5 (170 tdi)
"The PD170 has Siemens Management and Injectors - Just google Siemens PPD Injectors to see why we didn't use them! Also there are no uprated injectors available for the Siemens, so we would be stuck at ~230bhp! "

This is a quote from another member on here 2 years ago - so am i stuck with a max power of 230bhp with these injectors?

If so then thats a horrible design from VW isnt it!!

azibi_130

TDI
ibiza
hi guys....i have a doubt.

wich method is the correct one, on the drain oil pipe of turbo?
this one similar to OEM...

(pics are only for ilustrated)

or this method?

my doubt is...does the oil drain have to reach crankcase fast as possivel like OEM style, or could i use the bigger pipe in 2nd pic (pipe as about 30cm, and the 1st pic as the same dimensions of the OEM pipe)?
i have this problem because the transmission could hit oil drain pipe (low suspension), and once i have the bigger one in steel mesh, it's by far stronger than the rubber pipe on pic 1...

azibi_130

TDI
ibiza
Never loop the drain!
Strait and always go down.

Dieseleux
what i thought...but it should be a reason for that...could it be that the oil flow should be properly fast and with no restrictions?could that be the only reason, or there is more?

pan-d-man

TDI
00 Golf, 01 Golf, 06 Jetta, 14 JSW
GTB2056VK Source

I am trying to find a source in N America for a GTB2056VK turbo. Any ideas? Blaast Performance lists a GT2056K. Anyone have any experience with this one? Is it a good alternative or junk?:confused:

dieseleux

Théoricien -TDIClub Contributor
TDI
Jetta TDI 02
what i thought...but it should be a reason for that...could it be that the oil flow should be properly fast and with no restrictions?could that be the only reason, or there is more?
Is important to never trap liquide oil in return line because when oïl is trapped, gaz pressure rise in turbo core and oil leak in turbine housing and compressor housing.

Dieseleux

pan-d-man

TDI
00 Golf, 01 Golf, 06 Jetta, 14 JSW
Has anyone ever looked into using the electronic actuator using signal from the vacuum relay? It seems to me the easier route would be to use the existing electronic actuator for these but this may not be the case. I have a GTA2056VK turbo on the way that will need to be converted to vacuum or use vacuum actuated signal.