www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs

Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs Discussions area for Audi Q7 and Q5 TDI (2009+ in Canada & the US) as well as others with the V6 TDI such as the A6, A7 and A8 sedans.

Old March 30th, 2020, 13:06   #46
DieselDeeds

Fuel Economy: ~31mpg AVG

Thanks Daemon! I just dropped the car off to get an alignment and I had the alignment checked beforehand too about a week ago so Iíll post before and after results.

As far as the black optic package, a buddy of mine plasty dipped a bunch of the chrome parts that he had it on his car and it looks about the same as the black opticís package and he told me it wasnít too complicated of a process once you tape the parts off that you donít want to paint/dip. And the great thing with plastic dip, is if you donít like it or you make a mistake, you can just peel it right off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DieselDeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2020, 08:21   #47
Pittdawg

The OEM Peelers are some of my favorite rims, OEM or otherwise.
Pittdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2020, 10:03   #48
DieselDeeds

Thanks Pittdawg and yeah I agree- for OEM, theyíre my favorites. I have a set of 20Ē Vorsteiner VFF 102ís waiting to be put on when UPS delivers my 4th wheel and tire.. they lost one of the wheels+tire during delivery a month ago and just found it.. sent it back to the sender, and now itís finally (and hopefully) on it itís final trip to my garage. ETA April 6th.

Next on the list:

1. DTUK TCU tune, delivered yesterday- just need to install
2. Change center diff fluid, just waiting on special unicorn Audi center diff oil to get here (just did front and rear diff fluid a week ago)
3. Put 20Ē Vorsteiner VFF 102 wheels on

Old March 31st, 2020, 11:11   #49
Pittdawg

Awesome. Please post your results on the DTUK TCU tune. I have a Sprintbooster which I enjoy but not the same as a TCU tune.
Pittdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2020, 15:32   #50
Daemon64
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Fuelly Average 29.6

Diesel,

I agree, and thanks for the advice on the plasti. Also how'd the alignment go? You have a build thread that largely matches up with mine.... hahaha... later in the spring i plan on getting these: https://www.moddedeuros.com/products...ite-5x112-et40 w/ Conti DWS 06 255/45/20 ( currently rocking 19" stockers and this combo is almost 9lbs per corner lighter )... hahaha.... Looking at Bilsteins, and either your springs, or new stockers. And would be curious to hear about the tranny tune. Something more extreme that I am considering... is to remove the moonroof, source a stock metal sheet pan, they exist obviously because you could get the car w/o it, and the headliner. A little more head room, but I've read that is is approx on this vehicle a 200 lbs weight reduction at the highest point in the vehicle... handling, performance, and mpg's anyone?

Last edited by Daemon64; March 31st, 2020 at 15:41.
Daemon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:34   #51
DieselDeeds

Moonroof delete? Yes please! Iíve been wanting to delete my moonroof forever with all the damn noises it makes. Iíve looked into getting an insert (metal, plexiglass, poly, etc) that just goes in the glassí place but canít find anything- itíd have to be a custom job. Where the hell do I find a new roof pan?? Cheers

Old Yesterday, 11:08   #52
Daemon64
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Fuelly Average 29.6

8R0817111D is the manufacturers part number. Expensive as hell, and you'd need a body shop to do it and paint. Here is the full section w/ the re-inforcements as well listed: https://parts.audiusa.com/a/Audi__Q5...S/1385495.html

and this is the black headliner w/o sunroof https://parts.audiusa.com/p/Audi_201...67505TK23.html

There are other ones in other colors, depends on your trim color as well ofcourse.

Alternatively for that kind of money for 2k, you can find a custom body shop that will just make it for you, and have them do a headliner for likely less than audi will charge you for the parts. But its' a ton of weight for the glass and motors, vs just the sheet metal.
Daemon64 is offline   Reply With Quote