"P" sign on the cruise control stalk

vwtdi04

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf
\"P\" sign on the cruise control stalk

On my cruise control stalk there is a sign "P" I guess for parking lights did anybody had chance to wire up ? I was told that by pushing forward and when you remove the key from ignition the passenger side light up ?

pepper10

Veteran Member
TDI
:)2002 A4 TDI , 2006 A5:)
\"P\" sign on the cruise control stalk

The euro usage of the turn signal "p" function is to light up the parking and city lights on the side of the car for which you are putting the turn signal stalk on with the key out of the ignition: left for the left side, right for the right side. Useful while parking on a dark street or coutry road at night. The idea is to turn on the lights on the street side of the car so that passing cars won't hit yours. In NA, this is usually the left side. Here's the thread on this... Euro turn signal stalk mod

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Re: \"P\" sign on the cruise control stalk

I have this done on my A3. It confused the heck out of everyone in my neighbourhood, including a cop who drove by one night, stopped, backed up, put the spotlight on my car. I watched the whole thing and walked up to the officer. Explained that I didn't leave my lights on...that's what I do when I park the car.

Well, that's what I used to do. Someone drove into my car in December while parked. My theory? Drunk driver, and drove straight at the red light. I happened to hear him hit, and by the time I got outside, the person was gone. *shakes fist*

TDIRyan

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI Black
Re: \"P\" sign on the cruise control stalk

My 84 944 does that when you leave the turn signal on when you park it. It's a german thing for seeing I guess through fog so you know there's a car parked on the side of the road. It really isn't that useful though. It confused me the first time I accidentally did it!