stuttering while taking off in first

Andrewlpp

TDI
2013 MK6 6-speed
I am new to tdi's my mother has had a few and loves them, i came across a decent deal and picked it up due to my drive time and love for the diesels, I am a dodge cummins guy at heart. My tdi is an 13 6 spd obviously. I was taking off from a cold start, not super cold in the 40s and it bogged down stuttered for a moment then took off this has happened twice now. I just know diesels can be like cancer better take care of it before it becomes serious, Im on my 4th cummins and parts aernt cheap. Excited to join the forum, any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Andrew

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
Welcome to TDIClub!

I believe it's a somewhat common occurrence, my '14 does it a little as well. I don't think it likes very light throttle, especially when it's not up to operating temps yet.

I notice a slight stutter/shudder only on very light throttle application, goes away when giving it more. I think it's a software issue, there's plenty of reading available if you want to search the forums.

Bradm

Veteran Member
TDI
02,03,05, Jetta 99.5 Golf
Mine does this quite often in 3rd and 4th gear in light throttle, it drives me crazy. It happens at full temp or cold. But like above I’ve read lots about it and seems “normal” for these cars. I’m hoping once deleted this stops.

Bradm

Veteran Member
TDI
Good to know! I’m stuck between doing the delete or staying until warranty is up. The warranty sure has came in handy already...

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
Just an FYI, but in case of fuel system issues you'd want that extended warranty coverage. It covers a lot of things including the fuel pump, which has been known to konk out on these CRs to the tune of several thousand smackers.

I'm in the same boat: trying to decide is it worth the tune to enjoy the car more, or keep it stock and keep my warranty intact.

Bradm

Veteran Member
TDI
Oh yes for sure. I’m more worried about the HPFP than the DPF but if I were to go the delete route I would be Cp3 shopping also. I would be plenty happy with delete tune and Cp3 would make for a fun, reliable car