06 BRM clutch pedal won't go all the way down after new sach clutch kit was installed

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
The installed height of the new clutch is most likely incorrect. I had that issue with the DC clutch I got from Aaron at Bora Parts.

With mine, I destroyed the slave pushing it far enough to engage the starter.

Call your vendor with your concern.

VTJoe79

TDI
2005.5 Jetta TDI
So I have the exact same scenario on my car. PO installed a valeo SMF/clutch, when the transmission sh*t the bed and I had to replace it, a sachs clutch kit was installed.
Now clutch pedal will not go all the way to the floor.

The guru who did the work told me that the reason was the valeo flywheel is slightly thicker than the one that would have been installed with the Sachs kit. The throw of the slave cylinder is essentially shortened because the throw out bearing was shifted closer to it. The car shifts fine, and has a very light clutch pedal. At the time I had been without my car for a month and was completely fed up with the whole process so I said I'd just take it and fix it later on my own if it became an issue. So far I've put 50k on the car that way with no issues (knocks on wood).

GCBUG00

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle
So I have the exact same scenario on my car. PO installed a valeo SMF/clutch, when the transmission sh*t the bed and I had to replace it, a sachs clutch kit was installed.

The guru who did the work told me that the reason was the valeo flywheel is slightly thicker than the one that would have been installed with the Sachs kit. The throw of the slave cylinder is essentially shortened because the throw out bearing was shifted closer to it. The car shifts fine, and has a very light clutch pedal. At the time I had been without my car for a month and was completely fed up with the whole process so I said I'd just take it and fix it later on my own if it became an issue. So far I've put 50k on the car that way with no issues (knocks on wood).
Sorry, the hydraulic system does not get new operational specs with a new clutch installation and change to match a different operational range. The bearing position changes slightly from old and worn position to new clutch position. All components being correct, installed spring tip height moves away from trans a little bit with a standard (not self adjusting clutch) clutch.

Master cyl stroke move X amount of fluid, X amount of fluid moves slave cylinder X distance. The only real designed in variable is the starting point of the fork based on bearing position from the new clutch. Its a little bit like a brake master cylinder, it moves the caliper piston the same with new pads or worn pads.

Do you have any noises associated with pedal as it approaces the floorboard with engine running that GOES AWAY if you bring the pedal slightly up?

Brealistic0

TDI
2006 Vw Jetta TDI

The thing is that the flywheel was replaced because it was included in the IDParts Sachs quiet clutch kit.

RH87L

TDI
2006 1.9L

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Original poster was last logged in over 3yrs ago, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a reply.