Gauge Cluster for Beetle on the dash???

jpdeuce

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta Wagon
Where did you get those singles? I'm guessing those are singles that you just grouped together? I don't think I would need that many...but that's a great idea as well.

EDIT > and what gauges did you use?

Thanks...jp

Hillfox

TDI
03 Jetta GLS TDI in Platnum Gray
Looks like VF took some pipe of the right ID for the gauges, maybe PVC? Then cut it at a matching angle to the dash.

Those are VDO's with Volt, Water temp, Boost, EGT?, Oil pressure and Oil temp left to right.

How's that for a guess?

VF, if I'm right on the pipe. That is just 'effn BRILLIANT. Really gives a race/rally look. Form following function. It is such an eligant solution that address one of my bigest misgivings about the NB vs the Golf.

And it wouldn't cost as much as even one gauge.

VelvetFoot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, Yellow
right. Although I did buy a table saw that I've used a bunch of times after. I'm amazed how well it's held up (maybe 4 years now).

jpdeuce

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta Wagon
That's pretty cool. How did you secure the pipe to the dash and to each other? What did you paint the pipe with? How about securing the gauges inside the pipe?

Sorry about all the questions...just like the idea.

jp

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
Here's a pic of my gauge install. The gauge pod is an Automter one, I purchased it on eBay for about $30.

The gauges are VDO; water temp, boost in the middle and then oil temp on the right.

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
VF, didn't you give a pretty complete blow-by-blow on the install back when you did it? It would be a nice thread to revive if somebody can find it.