FS 2003 Golf TDI

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
This is a Florida car. Body is pretty much immaculate. Silver with light cloth interior, 153K, freshly sealed IP, new brakes, new Goodyear tires, new front wheel bearings, new fluids and filters,2DR, Auto which shifts fine. It has about 1/2 timing belt life left. Car is all stock. Might trade for BHW car since they are my favorites. $3500 firm. See post 13 for photos

Last edited:

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
No one interested? Ice cold AC. Nice car.

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
Sure there's interest. Pics would help though. The tranny won't last we know, so the inevitable manual swap will be factored into any buyer's decision price-wise..."pretty much immaculate" sounds nice.

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Sure there's interest. Pics would help though. The tranny won't last we know, so the inevitable manual swap will be factored into any buyer's decision price-wise..."pretty much immaculate" sounds nice.
Thanks for your input "newbie". Maybe if you contributed something nice to my thread rather than bad mouthing the tranny (which you know nothing about its condition), more folks would be inclined to have me send them photos. Folks on this forum know I'm not going to sell a TDI with an impending tranny issue. Bump this fine Golf to the top! Moderators, can you please advise this poster about posting decorum?

Last edited:

Stromaluski

Veteran Member
TDI
'67 Deluxe Bus, '80 Rabbit Truck, '92 Corrado, '10 Cup Edition
Thanks for your input "newbie". Maybe if you contributed something nice to my thread rather than bad mouthing the tranny (which you know nothing about its condition), more folks would be inclined to have me send them photos. Folks on this forum know I'm not going to sell a TDI with an impending tranny issue. Bump this fine Golf to the top! Moderators, can you please advise this poster about posting decorum?
Maybe you shouldn't immediately get defensive, lash out, be condescending, and blame him for the lack of interest in your car.

Instead, take the advice and post some pictures of your car. If you're not proactive in selling your car, then don't be surprised when it's hard to sell. Your car will sell a LOT easier if you try to minimize the effort required for somebody to buy it. I usually don't even bother looking at ads that don't have pictures.

InfoSec

Veteran Member
1 out of 10 people don't want the 01M auto b/c it will fail w/out notice. People buy autos with the intention of replacing it with a manual (5 or 6sp) and they do like autos b/c they have the larger 11mm injector pump. So that's a plus. I have bought two '03's (Golf and Jetta) both autos, and did the swap. The larger pump did factor into my decision to buy the cars with the autos. Good luck with your sale.

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I resealed the pump. Anyone know how to insert photos in a thread without using 3rd party hosting? Photobucket is trying to charge for photos now. Also 01M trannys don't go out as often as idiots who are trolling my thread seem to think. This one is fine and a fluid change would prolong its life even longer!

Last edited:

blazen71

Veteran Member
TDI
All Gone

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I resealed the pump. Anyone know how to insert photos in a thread without using 3rd party hosting? Photobucket is trying to charge for photos now. Also 01M trannys don't go out as often as idiots who are trolling my thread seem to think. This one is fine and a fluid change would prolong its life even longer!
Calling potential buyers in this thread "idiots" and "trolls" who are requesting photos and condition information won't get your car sold. As a long time member here (you!), you should be aware that it's a buyer's market for 15 year old TDI's with automatic transmissions.

And, many of us know how to use the photo insertion tool (see above link in previous post). There are instructions and once you figure it out, it's really pretty simple.

GLWS!

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
click on the photo.The first five photos are the car. Don't know anything about the others. PM me if interested with your contact info. I will not be posting any more in this thread.

Last edited:

VAG-Aficionado

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS (x2)2002 Jetta Wagon 2005 Passat Wagon
Criticizing someone as a "newbie" but you've had to ask twice how to post pics to a for sale thread.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=480159

I am all for being able to take someones TDI that has issues and fix it to make a little cash, but the fact that you won't talk about the issues you fixed, or any issues that still remain, is a little suspect.... no info about the car (other than you say it's from Florida with no proof), and blurry pics. Buyer Beware.

And it is not anecdotal that 01M transmissions fail (as well as most VW/Audi trans).