10/23/11

The Basics:
  • 2003 Jetta Wagon
  • WVW Germany built VIN
  • Reflex SIlver
  • 5 Speed.
  • ~148k miles
  • Power windows, mirrors
  • Black cloth interior, non heated seats.

Exterior:
  • GTI Nose Swap 10/23/11 (Happy First Birthday!)
  • Depo Smoked E-Code HeadLights w/fogs, LED City lights.
  • Back, rear and rear doors tinted 20% Llumar (DARK!)
  • Front doors Tinted like 35% (too dark)
  • Factory VW Steel Skidplate
  • LED turn lights on front fenders
  • Rear Fog light.
  • Front Aero Wipers
  • Front Winter Cover Set
  • Aspherical Mirrors
  • Rubstrips are painted with black textured truck bed paint
  • Short aluminum tipped antenna
  • Class 1 trailer hitch.
  • TT lift pads

Engine/Transmission:
  • Brand new complete T4 .216 Injectors - Installed @ 145K (have stock injectors too)
  • Malone Stage 3 Custom tune(17.5 PSI with Dynamic idle control, and 1050 RPM permanent idle) (installed on 9/3/11)
  • Rocket Chip Stage 3+ (Updated for T4s on 5/17/11)
  • South Bend Stage 3 Clutch with 17# Flywheel - Installed @ 145K
  • Wavetrac LSD - Installed @ 145K
  • 3.16 Final Drive - Installed @ 145K
  • CAT 2 Micron Fuel Filter
  • Timing belt was changed @ 95K miles w/IDparts TBelt Kit (Replpaced at 176k on 9/30/12 full Boraparts Kit)
  • Original Green Dieselgeek Racepipe
  • No EGR Cooler
  • OMI
  • 2.5" Whitbread Catless Downpipe (2/26/11 153k miles) to 3" catback exhaust with resonator and mufflerectomy installed (5/18/11 158k miles)
  • Dawes Device - Installed @ 37K (removed @ Malone Tune)
  • DG 5 speed short shifter - Installed @ 145K (removed in 2013)
  • Old Navy Oil cap
  • Dynaflow CCV
  • Frostheater
  • 10mm rebuilt IP installed at 154k miles to solve hard starting issues.
  • 92*C MK2 hotter Thermostat (163,700 miles 11/24/11)

Interior:
  • Never Smoked in
  • 2004+ Cupholder center console
  • Audi MK1 TT pedals w/Beetle S Dead Pedal.
  • Aluminum Trim Set w/ in Dash Cup holders.
  • Full Sized Glove Box
  • McNally A pillar Pod w/EGT/Boost Gauge (0-30psi), EGT Probe relocated between the two RRs in Garrett to read properly. (2/26/11 153k miles)
  • Euroswitch
  • Monster Mats (Front & Rear)
  • Armrest with broken lid hinge (SHOCKING, I know)
  • Sunglass holder where driver side OS handle goes

Wheels & Suspension:
  • 15" Avus 2 wheels with Bridgestone Potenza tires
  • 16" newbeetle alloys with Snow tires
  • Koni FSD shocks in Front, (replaced with Sachs shocks in the back 5/16/14/199k miles) VR6 Front springs, Wagon rear springs will replace the coilovers
  • Audi TT front control arm bushings to be installed
  • Rear Rotors and Pads Replaced @ 145K
  • 337/GLI Front Brake kit (off a GLI with 35K miles) ( New Rotor/Pads) (Not Installed, may be for sale, I like my 15s...)

Body Condition:
  • 2002 GTI 1.8t Nose with DEPO Joey modded Headlights/Foglights
  • A couple dings on rear Driver’s side wheel Arch.
  • Scratches on rear passenger side wheel Arch.
  • Tailgate has scratches under license plate holder and there is a small pea sized ding.

Issues:
  • Car needs a new front wheel bearing holder to replace the cross threaded/almost stripped carrier bolt.
  • will be replacing the control arm bushings, and ball joints and tie rod ends soon
  • Front Driver Seat is showing some wear (7 of 10), one of the arm rest hinges sheared off, though, it most likely can be fixed with JB Weld.
  • V-tex cover piece on steering column is missing.
  • rear brake caliper sticks occasionally replaced with new Calipers, pads & rotors 6/2/14 200,320 miles

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Aaron, you now own (IMHO) the best two TDIs. 2 door Golf and Jetta Wagon. I hope you enjoy the wagon as much as I enjoy mine. Congratulations!

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
well, the Koni Coilovers are now off the wagon.

It now wears Koni FSDs, VR6 Front springs, and Wagon stock rear springs.

it now sits higher than stock, and is more comfortable.

the koni coilovers with 3k miles on them will be for sale soon..

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Aaron, you now own (IMHO) the best two TDIs. 2 door Golf and Jetta Wagon. I hope you enjoy the wagon as much as I enjoy mine. Congratulations!
Peter, I wish I was in a position to be able to keep both cars, but with all the kids, and other things going on in life, the Golf has to go.

I don't mind so much because I have a sweet wagon to replace it.

so now to make Knurren more mine. :) one step at a time.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Doesn't matter. You had the pleasure. Enjoy the wagon. Your kids will appreciate the back doors.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Doesn't matter. You had the pleasure. Enjoy the wagon. Your kids will appreciate the back doors.
ya I know, now to teach them how to open and close them properly...

with the eurovan, they have learned how to slide the door open, and with the golf , we usually let them out when we open the door and tilt the seats..

they will need some teaching! :)

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
great Aaron, can't wait to see it!
tell me how the wave-trac feels!

Last edited:

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
Aaron... I forgot to tell you about the EGR probe being short. lol... yeah temps are off.

I, basically, ran out of time to work on the Car, and give the care it needs. Rather, the Car sit and rot away. I made the tough choice to sell it.

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Aaron... I forgot to tell you about the EGR probe being short. lol... yeah temps are off.
If thats the worst thing I find, I say we are doing pretty well Gero!

Ill get a longer EGT probe eventually. Love the car BTW< just gotta get used to the 17lb Flywheel and the stiffer dogbone (it does have one of those right? I need to list what it is if you remember)

I have come close to stalling it a few times, but so far, it hasnt died on me.. but it def shudders and tells you when you are pushing it.. LoL

Gero, I for one am GLAD you decided to sell it, and that I was online when I was. I know this car wouldnt have lasted long. Very Very happy its now mine to play with.

Last edited:

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
OMG that looks sooo much like my old Wagon! Even some of the upgrades you did are just like mine (tint, rubstrips, TT pedals, smoked markers, Aero wipers, skid plate, etc, etc). I still regret selling the Wagon, even a year later! Hope you enjoy your beautiful and unique vehicle!

adhumston

TDI
06 sedan, 13 JSW (2)
OMG that looks sooo much like my old Wagon! Even some of the upgrades you did are just like mine (tint, rubstrips, TT pedals, smoked markers, Aero wipers, skid plate, etc, etc). I still regret selling the Wagon, even a year later! Hope you enjoy your beautiful and unique vehicle!

Nice buy Growler! Not to threadjack (ok, just a temporary one...) but what suspension did you have on your Wagon Ed (Ed's TDI)? How did you like it? That is the stance I'm wanting, but i don't want to give up much in ride quality.

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Congrads Growler.. She looks Awesome!!! Love the euro rub strips, black grill and dark headlights !!

She's gonna be a sweet ride with the 3.16 Final Drive & the Wavetrak LSD!!! WTG!!

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Nice buy Growler! Not to threadjack (ok, just a temporary one...) but what suspension did you have on your Wagon Ed (Ed's TDI)? How did you like it? That is the stance I'm wanting, but i don't want to give up much in ride quality.

The Wagon had Autotech springs and Bilstein TC shocks/struts. I got the springs from a guy that bought Wagon springs by mistake for his sedan. As for the shocks/struts, I had those laying around from the Bora so I installed them to replace the worn stock ones. Ride was decent, although the car wasn't harsh over bumps. If I'd kept the Wagon I would have invested in some better dampers and maybe a decent rear sway bar.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Congrads Growler.. She looks Awesome!!! Love the euro rub strips, black grill and dark headlights !!

She's gonna be a sweet ride with the 3.16 Final Drive & the Wavetrak LSD!!! WTG!!

Thanks, I have def noticed the difference with the wavetrac and the 3.16

no more peg legging around corners... (spinning the inside tire) it just PULLS & PULLS & PULLS... its actually quite difficult to get it to squeal the tires upon acceleration. which is a good thing.

the 3.16 ring & pinion makes it so that RPMs are down about 2-300ish RPM in 5th gear.

I am basically one notch lower on the rpm scale in the cluster going any given speed. its nice. will have fuelly in my signature to keep track of my mileage. havent had to fill it yet since the trip home from picking it up.

Leo819, the PO must have been beating on it across PA for it to be at 1/4 tank at 400 miles. I had to refill by about 500-520, didnt track it because I didnt know when it was reset. so far its tracking at about where my Golf did for this tank & mileage.

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Thats the plan.

Today the wagon got the green racepipe and the single tapped intake manifold that was on the golf.

The Golf got the silver double tapped racepipe and non tapped manifold that was on the wagon.

wagons boost valve is disconnected at the moment. not sure if itll need reconnected. gonna keep an eye on spiking and sustained boosts... but with RC3, Im really not that worried. the golf was well contained.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Installed the Winter front today. its gonna get brrrr cold tonight. (like 28* F)

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Wagon came with the Wavetrac installed. also has a 3.16 Ring & pinion in it which reduces RPMs in ALL gears. fun fun!

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Tdi asv motor in a mk3 golf, om642 in a wk jeep
The previous owner obviously loved it! Good to see it will continue to be loved.
Who ever is picking up matrix is a lucky man/woman.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
so ther eis a semi-local who may want to trade me noses..

its Silverstone grey, Hella headlights, and clear bra on the hood..

anyone have any idea how much a nose respray would run me?

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
Oof, dunno about the cost, but hopefully the color would match perfectly. I have seen some re-sprayed front ends on vortex that don't.... its quite a shame. Love the golf front ends on wagons though.

But why did they freakin have to make the silverstone and platinum grays different! Ugh. (my jetta is platinum).

Those wheels are choice though (19" s4's?)

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I wouldn't do it. Although I like the Golf nose, and the headlights are much better, I like keeping OE paint on the car as long as possible, especially on the nose. And the Jetta front end has grown on me. Just my .02.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
ya, if i do do it it will be with a factory reflex silver golf nose, or not at all.

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
Good choice. There are sooo many reflex Mk4s, it would be dumb not to find an OE painted front end for yourself.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Getting ready to roadtrip 850 miles one way to Pensacola Florida! break in the TDI properly...

Maybe Ill try to hook up with a TDIer or two while Im down there this weekend.