www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old October 20th, 2014, 09:08   #1
JosephH1

Default P 2015 code 800 miles from home. Safe to drive home? Need AnswerASAP.

In what is becoming a regular occurrence lately I threw a CEL today. Naturally, I am 800 miles form home. The code reads Intake Manifold Runner Sensor. I reset the CEL and it stayed off until I shut the engine off. It is on again. The car is running fine, and I can fix this when I get home in about 800 miles. Will I do any significant damage driving the car in this condition? Again, the car is running great. TIA

2010 Golf TDI 2 door Reflex Silver
JosephH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 11:22   #2
South Coast Guy
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Good

Why not call a VW dealer and get their opinion?
South Coast Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 11:59   #3
JSWTDI09
Veteran Member

I do not believe that the intake flap valves function has anything to do with DPF regenerations. Therefore, it would probably be safe to drive home. There are some members here who have unplugged the wire to the motor for these flaps with no apparent problems (aside from a CEL). If your fault code was exhaust related, I would say not to drive it because 800 miles without a regeneration could cause problems.

However, keep in mind that I am not an expert on everything VW. With any luck, somebody who knows more about this than I do will chime in on this question. The idea above to call a local VW dealer might work, but there is also a good chance that the VW dealer knows even less than I do about this. I would not give their advice any more trust than mine.

Have Fun!

Don
Old October 20th, 2014, 13:45   #4
Dozenspeed
Veteran Member

I recently ran with a code 2015 for over 12k miles. I did something cheesy in the motor bay to alleviate the symptom but have yet to see it come back yet. I don't know my current ash load (to know if it rose sharply due to the event, indicating shortened dpf service life) but currently car is running good, no codes and regens normally.
Dozenspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2014, 09:25   #5
scdevon
Veteran Member

TDI(s): None
Fuel Economy: Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogParkGuy View Post
Why not call a VW dealer and get their opinion?
Going to a VW dealer or even calling a VW dealer's service department should be a last resort for any able bodied VW owner; particularly for a vehicle that is out of warranty.
scdevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2014, 09:37   #6
JosephH1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdevon View Post
Going to a VW dealer or even calling a VW dealer's service department should be a last resort for any able bodied VW owner; particularly for a vehicle that is out of warranty.
Agreed. I pretty much use them for a "worst case" scenario. A good example is the small cooling fan died and the dealer told me that the cowling and both fans come as one unit, and it would be a $940 repair with labor. I ordered an OEM fan from an online VW dealer (awesome folks) for $125 delivered and I installed it myself in about 45 minutes. There was nothing wrong with the large fan and relay. If I had been really unlucky and had a non drivable issue, I may have been forced to the local dealer. As it turned out the car ran like a champ with the CEL glowing brightly. I will be doing the intake myself as well. Thanks for everybody's help. It was a much less stressful trip home knowing that I was not damaging the car.

2010 Golf TDI 2 door Reflex Silver
JosephH1 is offline   Reply With Quote