1.9 tdi breather hose question

Ursas

TDI
audi tdi 1.9
Hello all,

so i bought an 2007 Audi A3 1.9 BLS a year ago and so many illnesses popped up throughout time, that it's driving me into depression and not from work to home as it should be :mad:.
My questions would be about PCV system and breather hose in particular like the one in the picture:
https://imgur.com/a/cB8Gsgg
Should this hose make an air tight connection with the air intake pipe? I used some smoke and a lot of it comes trough out connection. Its hard plastic on plastic connection so i doubt a seal is possible at all? So when the turbo is working i assume it should be sucking a lot of unmetered air in? Should it affect engine performance? I removed the hose and the idle speed didn't change at all, maybe my MAF is dead?

The symptoms i have : the car struggles to reach higher rpm's in lower gears. For example you push past 2k rpm in second, third gear and it starts to shake/shudder and rpm barely increases. If i keep rpm around 2k. it drives normally in those gears. Also more often then not when the engine is cold it fails to go past 80-90 km/h (50-55miles/h) - you floor the gas pedal and nothing happens and if i go uphill i cant even maintain that 80-90 km speed and start losing it. And after like 5 minutes or so of such driving its like a surge happens, like a cork pops and the car starts to go normally - can easily reach 150-160 km/h with no side effects that i could notice.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited: