2014 Q5 HPFP failure after fix.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Last February I bought this car to replace our 12 Touareg. The vehicle suffered with a random MIL and flashing glow plug light that would light when I tried to use the Start/Stop feature. The MIL would clear with a code reader. I took it in for service under the bridge warranty and they told me they thought perhaps the previous owner had run Bio Diesel, clogging the filter. Their advice was to change the filter.

I stopped driving it last fall while we awaited the outcome of the 3.0 Settlement and didn't change the filter or put any miles on it. I took it to the dealership for the "fix" two weeks ago and prior to starting work the dealership had to speak to Audi before work could start because of the MIL. After waiting all day I left without it. Just got the email that it was an HPFP failure and Audi has approved the replacement, hopefully ready on Thursday. Service manager says it was pre fix, but I'm not sure I believe that.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Good. Glad to hear they didn’t try to be weaselly.
They have been great, actually. 2018 Q7 loaner and snacks in the waiting area. Hope that's what the problem is/was.