2013 candy white tdi

balticblue

TDI
2013 beetle tdi highline
well glad to see this thread is a little more active than the Vancouver Island west coast thread I posted to earlier I should have checked the dates they were 2015 lol. Just want to say purchased a 2013 candy white TDI beetle for my wife's 60 bd ( but don't tell her tht lol) It has sunroof nav which I had to upgrade to a panasonic 2600 due to the fact we wanted to put in a backup camera, and the existing system didn't allow this. Also none of the rear speakers worked in the fender system ugghh really want to hear what this sounds like as the reviews I have heard say it is a very good system for the $ doesn't compete with bose or Meridian in a land rover but hey the beetle cost under $15,000. Any one have this system and how does it sound. I am taking the car into a stereo place to replace the amplifier with a marine system on the dealers $ . Sooo looking forward to hearing it this afternoon ( I hope my expectations aren't too high ) The cCanadian highline doesn't have the leather seats or the 3 gauges that sit on top of the dash. Also put on a set of 17 in Pirelli Cinturoto tires spelling wrong ? with factory alloys different from the standard 10 spoke . Otherwise stock. More pep than I thought originally and I had a 1989 Carrera so know something about pop lol Anyways sorry for the ramble Live on Vancouver Island ( B.C. ) Look forward to hearing from other tdi Members. Stay safe and hellow from B.C. Covid under control fingers crossed, but PLEASE STAY HOME LOL

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Glad to have you! But you may be disappointed as there isn't much traffic at all here either. Not many Beetle people any more I guess.

balticblue

TDI
2013 beetle tdi highline
nice to see you nightflyer1 , yes I guess you are correct. Only 1 TDI Beetle for sale in my Province and 36 total in ALL of Canada. I guess we are incredibly smart or the alternative LOL Tell me about your car ? Regards from Vancouver Island ! I will post pics of our new member, when I can figure out how lol I need my 13 YO granddaughter to show me !

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Plain old S model I think. Nothing fancy. No sunroof or any of that stuff. I have bought a RNS315 replacement stereo so I can add nav and backup camera. Also have a set of projectors I haven't installed yet either. Old and slow and handicapped. I was surprised mine came with the gauges in the center dash pod as well as paddle shifters. I like it a lot for commuting and just getting around. Haven't taken a long trip in it yet. Mine was a new stop sale vehicle that was held until the court business was over and then sold to me new in 2017. With our long, long extended court ordered warranty.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
Welcome! I too have a 2013 Beetle TDI in candy white, i have almost 94,000 miles. Mine doesn’t have a sunroof, but i have added the rns315 and fog lights.

balticblue

TDI
2013 beetle tdi highline
well that makes 2 of us lol too far to get together for coffee however. I like the white trim in the interior to break up the black. Nice to hear from you ! Ours is on the avatar !

Baumeister

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Beetle Convertible, '03 New Beetle TDI 5sp, '94 Audi Cabriolet(AFN swap in progress)
Welcome!
My wife and I just picked up a 2015 Black Convertible TDI with the DSG.
Backup camera but not the navigation. The stock backup camera is pretty pathetic, we haven't found it very usable.

Baumeister

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Beetle Convertible, '03 New Beetle TDI 5sp, '94 Audi Cabriolet(AFN swap in progress)
It's the OE one in the emblem/hatch handle. It's the RGB version that works with the RCD510. Haven't tried to clean it yet, though. Still looking for the process to do that. Even with the RCD510 set to brightest, it's dark.

I did think about changing out the head unit for the Chinese market one to get CarPlay integration, and then to 'upgrade' the hatch handle camera, but we listen to HD-Radio and would lose that.
We have SiriusXM as well, but the sound quality for that is better through their streaming app versus the satellite, so CarPlay would help with that. For navigation we use Google Maps through CarPlay so the lack of native navigation isn't a factor.

Do you have the camera in the hatch handle or down by the license plate?

balticblue

TDI
2013 beetle tdi highline
Baumeister, do you have the fender sound system ? We just had a backup camera installed above the license plate and while there is a delay it works quite well. I swapped out the head unit that came with the car that included nav to a Pioneer DMH - 2600 NEX . The reason it was suggested that the car Nav wouldn't update the maps and the nav on our phones does . You have to have a phone connected to the head unit to get Nav ( which you all probably know ) unfortunately we just found out it uses your phone data so we have to upgrade our phones data plan . ughh .My wife is going for a tutorial this week to learn how to use it lol We are not techies lol. Haven't got seriuos radio or spotify and it doesn't have a cd player that the standard head had -Anyone remember CD'S LOL . But the fender system that now works as of Monday sounds very nice if you like R&R from the 70's -80's. Take care and hope everyone is safe !.

balticblue

TDI
2013 beetle tdi highline
curious if anyone has purchased an extended warranty for their TDI . it gets complicated when you look at the warranty that Volkswagen gives you when they did the emmisison upgrade after the scandal they found themselves in. I received the written warranty from the dealer that did the work and OMG you need a phd to understand what they cover and what they don't. We opted to get a 3rd party 3 year warranty and hope we never have to use it lol.

Baumeister

Veteran Member
TDI
No, we have the standard sound system. I do like keeping the CD option as we do use it occasionally.
Your post does give me the idea that I may look for a supplemental license-plate area back-up camera that sends to a phone instead of a display.
Our 12yo son is a big classic rock fan. Our 14yo daughter prefers 80s stuff like Depeche Mode. They've argued over Beatles albums to listen to in the car. I'm a proud dad. :)

Regarding warranties, we wound up with a CPO warranty, still haven't seen the details other than its 2 years/unlimited miles.

Baumeister, do you have the fender sound system ? We just had a backup camera installed above the license plate and while there is a delay it works quite well. I swapped out the head unit that came with the car that included nav to a Pioneer DMH - 2600 NEX . The reason it was suggested that the car Nav wouldn't update the maps and the nav on our phones does . You have to have a phone connected to the head unit to get Nav ( which you all probably know ) unfortunately we just found out it uses your phone data so we have to upgrade our phones data plan . ughh .My wife is going for a tutorial this week to learn how to use it lol We are not techies lol. Haven't got seriuos radio or spotify and it doesn't have a cd player that the standard head had -Anyone remember CD'S LOL . But the fender system that now works as of Monday sounds very nice if you like R&R from the 70's -80's. Take care and hope everyone is safe !.

balticblue

TDI
2013 beetle tdi highline
let me clarify the backup camera goes to the head display which is larger than the stock one we had 6.8 inches I believe. Not to our phones. It makes it easier to see what is behind you, although as mentioned there is a delay when you put the car into reverse before you see the picture .Well enjoy their bickering and arguing while you can because before you know it they will be gone and you will miss that ( Dad from experience lol )i'm liking your kids R&R nd Depeche Mode didn't think anyone knew who they were lol maybe you can ask them how to download music onto my wifes phone so she can play it through her car ? I have to wait for my 13 YO granddaughter to get home and ask her lol
The Volkswagen CPO warranty is pretty good. I had that on a previous Golf I owned and it ws relatively trouble free. I just didn't want to take any chances with our new family member and so opted to get the 3rd party extended warranty.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Mine was new, so got the new car warranty as well as the extended emissions warranty. On top of that GEICO offers MBI (Mechanical Breakdown Insurance) for about $8 a month. It covers anything not service related out to 100k miles.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
I did not purchase an extended warranty with the beetle. Mine was certified pre owned with less than 10,000 miles when i bought it 10/14. My passat was not certified pre owned (bought 9/17 before tdi unlimited mile cpo), I did purchase the extended warranty for it (valid until 9/22 or 122k) since i knew the car had sat for about 18 months.