Need Your Thoughts and Prayers for Chris of Langhorne VW

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
My good friend and great member of this forum, Chris Farnham (3193) of Langhorne VW is going through serious health issues at this time and is currently in the hospital for conjestive heart failure, high blood pressure, and a couple other health related issues. I ask that you pray for his quick recovery. Chris asked me to inform those here who have contacted him recently via email, pm, or however to please understand that he will be out of commission for a bit and will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Regards, Harv

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Very sad to receive this kind of news, Harv. Thanks for letting us know. I wish he and his family the best.

SteveZ1

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
Wow, this is really sad news. I have had the good fortune to speak with Chris on several occasions, and truly he is one of the good guys, a very good man in every respect.

No matter what your faith, I ask you all take a moment and say a prayer for Chris.

We are all with you buddy!!

Steve

itsmejerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI Nav, 2015 Passat SE TDI, 2015 Beetle Convertible TDI, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI All Phase 2 Emission Modified complete. 50 State Legal Diesel!
Damn- talk about a jaw dropping post.
I'm also wishing you a quick recovery Chris.
You never want to hear anyone going through this kind of thing, and I hope it turns out for the best-- quickly. (so you can get back to beating my a** selling cars) :)

Jerry

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
I have a car that indirectly came from Chris, but did have a chance to speak with him one time. Total gentleman. Chris, get well, our thoughts are with you.

Steve

dariod

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI
Get well soon Chris and take a break off work to recover faster. Does anyone know how old is Chris???

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Wow... sad to hear. Get well soon Chris-take as much time as you need to recover-you know we'll all be here when you are well!;) .

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Thanks Harv and Chris get well soon.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Thanks Harv. My son was just out there three weeks ago picking up his new JSW from Chris. I sure hope he gets through this alright. Chris, you're definitely in our prayers.

Kirk

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Harv, Do you know what the mechanism is for those interested in buying from Chris until he recovers. Hopefully, the dealership has set up a way for those here to have the sales commission credited to Chris for those cars sold to us, his customers, while he is in the hospital & and, hopefully recovering. My prayers are with you Chris. Bob

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
Bob S. said:
Harv, Do you know what the mechanism is for those interested in buying from Chris until he recovers. Hopefully, the dealership has set up a way for those here to have the sales commission credited to Chris for those cars sold to us, his customers, while he is in the hospital & and, hopefully recovering. My prayers are with you Chris. Bob
What a wonderful way to support someone in need. See to it that he gets his commission while he is out of commission!:):)

Get well soon Chris!

Harvieux

TDI
Bob S. said:
Hi Bob, Even Matt, the CEO/CFO of Langhorne VW will cover for Chris. Rocco is Chris' direct boss and all will do the right thing as well. Just make sure one specifies that they are buying from tdiclub exposure and mention Chris when making a deal.

I will be speaking with Chris later this morning and I will update as soon as I can. Later!

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
do you know what hospital? I am somewhat local to him. I live on other side of county.... pm me... thanx

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Wishing for good health and good times for you and all your family, Chris.

Harvieux

TDI
Spoke to Chris a bit a go. He's very anxious to get out but, I think he's starting to realize how serious his condition is. They are having trouble getting his blood pressure down and he will not be permitted to leave until it can be regulated. He also has a severe case of sleep apnea requiring him to wear an extrelely uncomfortable CPAP mask. Chris needs convincing that everything else such as work, family, friends, and other current responsibilities need to go on the back burner for now and he needs to totally concentrate on getting well. I'm sure he appreciates all your outpouring of support. Regards, Harv

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
Got a 'get well' card headed his way. Or at least, via his dealership.

If anyone else is interested (it'd be fun to inundate him with get-well cards), from the dealership website:

Chris Farnham
VW of Langhorne
1862 East Lincoln Highway
(Business Route 1)
Langhorne, PA 19047

Harvieux

TDI
frugality said:
Got a 'get well' card headed his way. Or at least, via his dealership.

If anyone else is interested (it'd be fun to inundate him with get-well cards), from the dealership website:

Chris Farnham
VW of Langhorne
1862 East Lincoln Highway
(Business Route 1)
Langhorne, PA 19047
Nice thought, Dean. Chris is at: Virtua Memorial Hospital in Mt. Holly, NJ. He asks that no one please visit and therefore no room # will be givin at this time. I would imagine get well soon cards and such would find their way to him if you sent them directly to the hospital's address of: 175 Madison Avenue - Mount Holly, NJ 08060 or, you can send it to the dealership as Dean (frugality) has suggested.

Once Chris' blood pressure stabilizes, he will be entering a sleep therapy facility. He's been seen by 5 different doctors so far and the blood pressure stabilzation is the very first and most important step that needs to be rectified before any other steps are to be taken. Chris is very thankful for your thoughts. Regards, Harv

pgenis

Veteran Member
TDI
JETTA 2006
Praying Chris will be well. Have not had a chance to deal with him yet, but hope there will be a chance.