www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > West Coast Canada/USA

West Coast Canada/USA Local discussions for those on the West Coast of Canada and the US.

Old May 1st, 2015, 15:19   #1
sheffboyrd

Default Vancouver Island TDI members

Are there any TDI Club members on Vancouver Island? Love to hear from you. I just purchased my first TDI and I guess I went whole hog...... a 2015 Passat Highline.
sheffboyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2015, 15:33   #2
TDI smile
Veteran Member

Location: Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilliwack)

I'm not from VI, but drove through your "big city" a while ago. WELCOME to the VW family
TDI smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2015, 09:09   #3
sheffboyrd

Thanks, TDI Smile. Actually, this is our third VW. When we first got together, my wife owned an early 80s Rabbit diesel which ran great (not sure what diesel model that was). Then we bought a new '92 Passat regulat 4 cyl. which we loved until we got so pissed off by the increasing problems and the poor service from our VW dealer that we bought a new Toyota Matrix in '03. The Matrix has been an incredible car. Not one problem in 300,000 km. However, when I saw the new Passat I was hooked. Looked at the new Golf wagon first...beautiful car... but liked the roominess of the Passat. So, enjoying it immensely, and keeping the fingers crossed. Cheers.
Old May 2nd, 2015, 09:38   #4
TDI smile
Veteran Member

I love BIG cars, because most the time I drive alone. The Passat is a great car.
Right now, I keep my eyes open for a Rabbit Gasser. Had one. Used as a Pick-up in one of my businesses. Made it to 461,000 km and sold it here in Vancouver for 100 Bucks to a kid in our company. Right now, I will try to drive our ALH for many more years. It's doing a good job without any problems. After the Warranty was over, a friend of mine recommended a GURU Shop here under the OAK Bridge. Great Service. Knows everything.
Old May 2nd, 2015, 11:22   #5
sheffboyrd

Good to know. Obviously, I am locked into the warranty period but once that is done I may start to look at recommended VW shops here on the island.
Old May 3rd, 2015, 10:26   #6
Ed's TDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 5.7 / 5.1 / 4.5 L/100km

I don't get on here much anymore but I'm a long-time member. There's a few other members in and around the Victoria area and heading up towards Duncan and Nanaimo. Never really been any gtg's that I can recall other than the local VW community but they're mostly older cars like Beetles, Mk2's and busses etc so I've never really attended.

My car is currently off the road due to an unfortunate chain of events but I'm hoping to have it back up and running by the end of summer.

Ed's TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2015, 23:59   #7
Caddy 16v
Veteran Member

I'm up on the Malahat with two TDIs, just drove by Bowser today, always up for a meet.
2000 Jetta, mufflerectomy, Evolution Atlas skid plate, OEM xenon reps retrofitted, Hella Micro DE, HFLOX Warp 3 nozzles, 3 bar map, Malone Stage 5 Custom, Euro 17/22, DC Stage 4 clutch, STAGG suspension, Curt hitch, Auber EGT and NSP boost gauge, Hella Sharptones, Rally Armor mud flaps, 1.8T pancake pipe, upgraded SMIC, VAG-COM, all offroaded out
2000 Golf, JSP Armadillo skid plate, limo tint (Sold)
Caddy 16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2015, 15:06   #8
Mike_04GolfTDI
Veteran Member

I'm originally from Vancouver Island....and I still technically live on an island. Does that count?

(The City of Richmond is on Lulu Island, but we have bridges to the mainland, so many may not realize it's an island.)
Mike_04GolfTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2015, 15:39   #9
TDI smile
Veteran Member

LULU Island is a great Island and below sealevel.... just a few feet, but BELOW.....Chilliwack is about 26 - 30 feet higher and more....
Old May 25th, 2015, 00:09   #10
Nuje
Veteran Member

I'm just up the road in the Comox Valley. Love livin' on the Big Island.
Nuje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2020, 07:11   #11
balticblue

Default tdi owner vancouver island

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheffboyrd View Post
Are there any TDI Club members on Vancouver Island? Love to hear from you. I just purchased my first TDI and I guess I went whole hog...... a 2015 Passat Highline.
just purchased a 2013 candy white beetle for my wifes 60BD ( don't tell her that tho lol ) the Highline model but unlike the US models it doesn't have the 3 gauges that sit on top of the dash. Does have sunroof nav upgraded as well as the fender soundsystem which unfortunately we have to wait till monday to hear it. The amplifier was damaged unknown to us when we bought itThe dealer is getting it replaced with a marine version so we won't have any issues with water in the future. I have read some great reviews about this so am anxious to hear it it. Looking forward to hearing other members who have this system. Also what oil do you use ? i know synthetic but any brand better than others . Thanks looking forward to riding in our new wheels. Oh also put on the Cinturo P7 17 wheels and new rims looks good.
balticblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2020, 09:51   #12
balticblue

forgot to mention we are in Nanaimo . Would love to get together for coffee and or a drive up or down the Island with other beetle tdi members. okay Golfs and Passats as well lol
Old July 18th, 2020, 08:00   #13
balticblue

hey moderator is this thread still active ? I notice ( duh ) the entries above mine are from 2015. Makes me wonder if there "is there anybody out there "?-to quote a line from the rock band Pink Floyd
Old July 29th, 2020, 00:49   #14
MK4 WAGN

Here!
I'm from Nanaimo.

Last edited by MK4 WAGN; July 29th, 2020 at 01:11.
MK4 WAGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2020, 13:26   #15
balticblue

nice to hear from you ! wow based on your cars you must be the reason Harbourview is in business of servicing Volkswagens lol. Glad there are at least 2 of us and hopefully more based on the above chats although as I said they are 5 years old, so maybe they aren't around ?