2010 Jetta Fog light

JdubsTDI

TDI
10 Jetta Graphite Blue
I just picked up my TDI Jetta this weekend. So far it is great. I really want to get fog lights. Could please tell me best kit or should just order from VW(if available)?

CMB430

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
I do not have my paperwork on me (not sure if they are the same 09 & 10), but I paid $450 for my fog light kit from the dealer I bought it from. The parts came from Canada I remember. It was the lights, harness and new light switch. It was a worthy investment in my opinion. Sorry I do not have the part number on me...but here is a link that may save you some money...http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=274514

Parva

TDI
Now have a '13 Beetle Turbo, had a '10 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
CMB430 said:
I do not have my paperwork on me (not sure if they are the same 09 & 10), but I paid $450 for my fog light kit from the dealer I bought it from. The parts came from Canada I remember. It was the lights, harness and new light switch. It was a worthy investment in my opinion. Sorry I do not have the part number on me...but here is a link that may save you some money...http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=274514
Am I the only sod here who thinks that $450 for fogs is nuts? :eek:
I guess I have to give away my age when I say they should cost $40
I mean really...
:rolleyes:

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI

Yep.......they don't have a Kit for they 2010 Jetta Sportwagen yet
I pieced mine together with factory parts (Dealer +15% )and an Aftermarket wiring harness mine was 475........and that doesn't include install labor.......

CMB430

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
Yes, I paid that much. They ate the labor. The wire install was crappy and I have to make time when I get back home to fix it up. They left all the wires exposed and used just enough wire.

I like the red on the Sportwagen...and you are a fireman. Did you install flashing lights on the car...in your head and tail lights? I tried to find parts for my car from Germany if they used them for cop cars...but I had no luck. I wanted to put a push bar on it :)

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
CMB430 said:
Yes, I paid that much. They ate the labor. The wire install was crappy and I have to make time when I get back home to fix it up. They left all the wires exposed and used just enough wire.

I like the red on the Sportwagen...and you are a fireman. Did you install flashing lights on the car...in your head and tail lights? I tried to find parts for my car from Germany if they used them for cop cars...but I had no luck. I wanted to put a push bar on it :)
No it is not allowed in MD.........In the old days 30+ years ago we had Solid Blue lights but they were outlawed when the Police started using blue lights

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
Not enough fog

Parva said:
Am I the only sod here who thinks that $450 for fogs is nuts? :eek:
I guess I have to give away my age when I say they should cost $40
I mean really...
:rolleyes:
Not enough fog to justify fog lights in my area.

Though I see plenty of people who drive with fog lights 100% of the time. Often with one headlight out.:eek:

Xenons with AFS that are on the Golf, now that is worth $475!

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6 1K2 BRM, 2K8 7L6 BWF, 85 16 MF
$450 for front fogs? Are we talking new CECM? This price is insane for just lights, wires and switch. Unless they are golden...

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Oberkanone said:
Not enough fog to justify fog lights in my area.

Though I see plenty of people who drive with fog lights 100% of the time. Often with one headlight out.:eek:

Xenons with AFS that are on the Golf, now that is worth $475!
LOL......There are so many Comedians here! I don't have to watch Comedy shows on TV!:rolleyes:

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
maloosheck said:
$450 for front fogs? Are we talking new CECM? This price is insane for just lights, wires and switch. Unless they are golden...
Parts list
1X 5K0-941-700-B Foglight
1X 5K0-941-699-B Foglight
2X N-911-329-01 Screw
1X 1K9-854-661 Grill
1x 1K9-854-662 Grill

The Headlight switch I got is a Factory (Auto) that has a Front Fog Light setting but no Parking Light setting or Rear Fog Light Switch........
#3C8-941-431-E-XSH
The Foglights came with bulbs. the price for all these parts was 380.10
This will not be the factory install through the CECM it will be with a Custom harness

A Eurowires wiring harness ( Relay) was 95.........
That is 475........no Labor included..........

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Jim'stdi said:
Did you ever post about the install? I know youv'e had the parts awhile. Car looks good!!!!!!
I haven't had time to install the wiring harness yet.......but it only took about 20 minutes to install the Lights and grills very simple!! and drastically improves the look of the front of the car.........
Had the windows tinted today! Beautiful!

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I beleive it should be noted that fogs on te 2010 JSW will cost that much Tomo is quoting, but to get fogs on the 2010 Sedan should be much cheaper, ECS has a kit for the Mk5 for right around $250 minus the switch.

GDM

TDIClub Friend
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 6M, Laser Blue
Projector vs. Reflector fogs - ?

ECS shows both reflector and projector version... like the OP, I am in the market for fogs / driving lights ... any recommendations on the choices available?

JdubsTDI

TDI
10 Jetta Graphite Blue
I think I going with ones on ecs. I will post a pic once I get them installed. Any good installers in VA. I would do it myself but need to read up on vw wiring. I got windows tinted this week also.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
brucebanes said:
You all put a Euro switch in or do you drive around all day/night with your fogs on?
You have to put a switch in that has a Fog light position, be it a Euro switch or a factory switch with a fog position (what I bought)or they(Fogs) can't be turned on..........

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
use of Fog/Driving lights

VWPilot said:
I wired them to turn on whenever my low beams are on.
Front fog lamps

Front fog lamps provide a wide, bar-shaped beam of light with a sharp cutoff at the top, and are generally aimed and mounted low. They may be either white or selective yellow. They are intended for use at low speed to increase the illumination directed towards the road surface and verges in conditions of poor visibility due to rain, fog, dust or snow. As such, they are often most effectively used in place of dipped-beam headlamps, reducing the glareback from fog or falling snow, although the legality varies by jurisdiction of using front fog lamps without low beam headlamps.
Use of the front fog lamps when visibility is not seriously reduced is often prohibited (for example in the United Kingdom), as they can cause increased glare to other drivers, particularly in wet pavement conditions, as well as harming the driver's own vision due to excessive foreground illumination.
The respective purposes of front fog lamps and driving lamps are often confused, due in part to the misconception that fog lamps are necessarily selective yellow, while any auxiliary lamp that makes white light is a driving lamp. Automakers and aftermarket parts and accessories suppliers frequently refer interchangeably to "fog lamps" and "driving lamps" (or "fog/driving lamps"). In most countries, weather conditions rarely necessitate the use of fog lamps, and there is no legal requirement for them, so their primary purpose is frequently cosmetic. They are often available as optional extras or only on higher trim levels of many cars. Studies have shown that in North America more people inappropriately use their fog lamps in dry weather than use them properly in poor weather.
Fog lights used appropriately are not left on all the time.