Where to buy Power Service in nanaimo?

MarbleTDI

TDI
2002 Jetta
Power Service website shows it available at Wal-mart, OEM truck dealers, marine sales, truck stops, etc. These were U.S. locations but certainly worth a phone call......probably similar availability outlets.

icecap

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI 5Spd Black Anthracite Pkg 1
Power service additives

dayne66 said:
looked at the auto/truck store to no avail.
Wal-Mart (in BC) only carries the diesel supplement and cetane boost in a white 1L container. The white container is intended primarily for winter use. Crappy tire (Canadian Tire for our US neighbors) carries both the white container above and the diesel clean and cetane boost in the grey container. The grey container of PS offer a 2 point greater cetane boost than the white container and is better suited for warmer weather. Whoever does the purchasing for Wally world must not be very well informed.
Regards,
Frank

Last edited:

akmike

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 TDI naturally Jetta
I buy the big huge silver bottle of PS at my local Wally worlds- maybe the South has all WM's supply? It's about 18 bucks plus tax as I recall...

dayne66

Veteran Member
TDI
(TRADED)2006 Jetta TDI Package 3 (Cdn) 5 sp
Thanks...I guess I'll try Cambodian Tire....wont set foot in a wallyworld!!

And...it's the grey bottle i want..right?

icecap

Veteran Member
TDI
dayne66 said:
Thanks...I guess I'll try Cambodian Tire....wont set foot in a wallyworld!!

And...it's the grey bottle i want..right?
Right, although it has also been called silver.

As far as not setting foot in Wally world they are both cast from the same mould the only difference is that one has their corporate head office in the US and the other in Canada. They both sell cheap crap made in china by an exploited work force and both treat their employees like crap and have a high turnover as a result. Might as well amagamate them and call it canadian-mart or wal-tire.

Last edited:

icecap

Veteran Member
TDI
MarbleTDI said:
Ice is that a 996 in the photo or larger??:eek:
Hi Marble,
I think the picture is a 994 as it has 4 exhaust stacks. In all honesty the largest Cat loader I have worked on is the 992 which only has 2 stacks. I most commonly work on 988's and 980's.
Cheers,
Frank