Electrical issue for multiple functions

Idaho Johnny

TDI
2003 VW Golf TDI
I have an intermittent electrical issue that is getting worse. It's a 2003 Volkswagen Golf TDI.
Sometimes none of these features work:

Windshield wipers
Washer fluid
Blinkers (but hazards still work)
Rear window defrost
Heated seats
Heater blower
AC button does not light, but air recirculation does.

I've narrowed it down to an area under the dash to the left where there are a bunch of relays. Usually I'll tap around relay 100 and everything will kick on while I'm tapping it. I can't be sure that it's this exact relay though since the vibration could affect anything in the surrounding area. Anybody have an idea of specifically what I'm looking for?

This is a horrible issue to have during the winter :)
Thank you

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Relay 100 is the load reduction relay, it is what kills off a bunch of things during cranking, for instance.

It could be just the relay, or some connection behind it. I'd try the relay first, but if you want you can pull it out and pop the cover off and see if you see any bad contacts in there or something.

Idaho Johnny

TDI
2003 VW Golf TDI
Update:

It was relay 100 that has gone bad. While I wait for my replacement relay to arrive, I'm able to jerry-rigg the relay so that the circuit is always closed. But anyone who does this has to remember to shut off all of the accessories when you turn off your car. Otherwise a lot of features will still work while your car is shut off, and obviously drain the battery.