new 2015 PDI expectations

winks

Veteran Member
We are looking a "new" '15 gsw with 100km on the clock but from the initial conversation it seems the oil/fuel filter, tires, brakes, wipers, etc are only changed based on dealer discretion:rolleyes:. I recall reading an article a little while ago stating ALL cars being sold as new , get all these parts covered by VWCanada? Can anyone share their recent buying experience on one of these "new" cars? The cash incentives sure are tempting to add another TDI to the stable:D

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
We are looking a "new" '15 gsw with 100km on the clock but from the initial conversation it seems the oil/fuel filter, tires, brakes, wipers, etc are only changed based on dealer discretion:rolleyes:. I recall reading an article a little while ago stating ALL cars being sold as new , get all these parts covered by VWCanada? Can anyone share their recent buying experience on one of these "new" cars? The cash incentives sure are tempting to add another TDI to the stable:D
Get it all or do not get it at all.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Meh, there's a good chance that the tires and brakes are in acceptable condition. Needing wiper blades and an oil change/fuel filter wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. If the brakes and tires are in poor condition, they should replace them.

winks

Veteran Member
its going to be hard to walk away, the car is just what I'm after, a jammed comfortline.
Def not a deal breaker, just want to gauge how other dealers are handling this. I mean if it's considered warranty work as per the linked doc, why would they shut ppl down:confused:
thanks for the document Chris, I'll print it out and give it a go:D

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
I bought a "brand new" '15 GSW in September and drove it directly from Orlando to Anchorage. I think the brakes and tires were replaced along with fluids, but I have no proof of that. I wondered about seals on doors and windows after sitting in Florida sun for a while. All look to be in great condition. I like the car very much and know I made the correct decision. Good luck from a fellow northerner.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
It is the dealers discretion. Sales guy told us they were going to "do brakes" before we picked it up, maybe by "do" they meant look at them, cause that's all they did. When I brought it to the dealers attention they said sorry, go pound sand, brakes are fine. A quick call to VWoA and first conversation from the call center lady seemed promising, second call form the regional rep clearly indicated both him and the dealer were in the same bed, and repeatedly stated the issue is between me and the sales department of the dealer, nothing VWoA could do, regardless of trust in VWoA brand.

Lessons learned, I should have had everything on a piece of paper of what they were going to do pre-pick up, pre-signing of the lease.

We did get new tires, adblue sensor that showed leaking, and I had to fight tooth and nail for a new battery. I'm also doubting the wipers they said they changed out as they are hard AF and rather crappy.

Last edited:

Brian's96TDIPASSAT

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI SEL 14 Passat SEL, bought back by VW 11 Golf TDI, bought back by VW 05 Passat TDI 96 Passat TDI, sold
check the DOT numbers on the tires. They did not do tires or brakes on my 15 when I bought it in May, only fluids and a battery, fluids meaning fuel and oil only. No problems so far, tires are wearing well, no balance issues at 20K

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
check the DOT numbers on the tires. They did not do tires or brakes on my 15 when I bought it in May, only fluids and a battery, fluids meaning fuel and oil only. No problems so far, tires are wearing well, no balance issues at 20K

Only my personal preference issue(s)

I would have made new Michelin A/S as a deal maker.

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen dsg and 2015 Passat 6 M/T
Bought mine in Boulder Colorado and was unhappy with the roughness of the paint on the car that had been sitting out in the sun for two years. The dealer took the car back and "clayed" the paint at my request for no charge. Smooth as glass.

So far everything else seems up to snuff.

winks

Veteran Member
quick follow up on our experience....our expectations were met (oil/fuel/brake fluid changes, new wipers, vw hat and mitts :D) the deal was signed and we've added yet another TDI to our family:D prolly one of the very last "new" wagons in the province:(

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
black headliner? Wish they had that as an option.