200,000 mile club... roll call!

uncleandy82

TDI
2001 Golf 4 tdi
Wish I could join you guys, unfortunately my golf only has 117k miles on it and I only have to drive 10mi to work every day, so it's going to take some time yet... but big up for all you guys who made it!

bravozulu

TDI
2002 VW Jetta TDI
207,000k and going strong on my wife's 2002 Jetta, drove a new one today, but think we'll keep this one running, time for another timing belt and probably a clutch job, still on the original for now. Had a turbo actuator and a bunch of lines go bad, and a wheel bearing...but that's all so far. Well, probably 50 tail light bulbs:eek:

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Get that timing belt done, or you could end up getting the newer VW with a lousy trade in...! :eek:;):D

visionlogic

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Don't know how I missed this thread... must be age (mine) related. :eek:

So posting belatedly, my '02 Jetta now sits at 208,000 miles. I purchased her used in August of '06 at around the 98,000 mark. I installed my second timing belt full kit, plus a cam and followers, a few weeks ago. It was a lot less stressful than my first one (caused by a water pump failure outlined HERE ).

She needs a few things - fixing a slow oil leak which I think is the rear seal, new shocks and related components, some pads and rotors, and I may be facing the expense of a turbo as there appears to be some oil seepage from the compressor casing joint. But she starts instantly winter or summer, still delivers excellent mileage, and is still fun to drive.

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
Get that timing belt done, or you could end up getting the newer VW with a lousy trade in...! :eek:;):D
I get real yweaked when I hear the newer VWs will have lousy resale....somehow I doubt that....my loaded golf with good miles will pull as much money in percentage as any other VWs have...the pros that set the residuals know better than you and I...check the lease residuals....as high as ever.

BeetleGo

TDI
tdi, I think you misunderstood me. If you don't get that timing belt changed soon, it will fail and your present car will be worth a LOT less when you are forced to go out and buy a new car. ;)

tjnadzam

TDI
2000 1.9-17/22-11mm
205000 on my 2000 jetta, rc 3 + tune and an 11mm pump.

She died when the 10mm pump went out....get the new pump and now she pulls all the way to 5k.

Very happy with bora parts for the quick shiments and Jeff @ Rocketchip, plans for the 17/22 in the next 6 months for sure.....

mxcobra

TDI
2001 Golf TDI (Ind Blue)
2001 Golf 252,000 just picked this car up this past Friday for 3200... My last jetta 1997 TDI went for over 260,000.

abranovi

TDI
1999.5 Golf TDI
206K on mine. Got it a month ago with 203K. Just did a t-belt, clutch, dogbone mount, skidplate, fuel filter, oil change, and N75.

Still need to do new suspension, and then I should be good for a while.

I absolutely love the car though!

cptmox

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta GLS, Silver 5-spd
I'm up to 205,800 and climbing. I always said my goal was 250k before I "upgraded". Now I don't feel like I'll be upgrading anything, and I would be downgrading my mpgs.

They just don't make 'em like they used to.

Croberts

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Silver
268k miles on my 2003 Jetta. Still has the original MAF, turbo, and IP, and many of the front end suspension parts are original. My DMF grenaded last summer and took out my manual tranny, (big time bummer). Still getting 750-800 mile tanks. Best car I have ever owned even with the german engineered gremlins.

ksmitty244

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
227k Just got done with a whole front end suspension rebuild. Drives like a new car now. Cant wait to hit the 300k mark!

BeetleGo

TDI

Jettably

TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI Wagon 5 speed
2003 Jetta GLS TDI Wagon hit 250,000 miles on 4/16/2011! Original engine, 5spd, and clutch. Bought in February from original owner.

20bugsys

TDI
2009 A4 Avant 2.0T, 1996 1Z TDI swap in a Syncro, Modified 1969 Standard Beetle, Original Condition 1960 Deluxe Beetle
Hit 245,000 last week. Planning on reaching the 300 mark for sure.

2004 Jetta Wagon, BEW.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
i feel like i'm missing out. i'm the original owner of my 03 and i'm almost to 156K...

BeetleGo

TDI
Patience Ben~! Enjoy the WHOLE ride to the upper numbers.

Redneck Truck

Gone, but not forgotten
TDI
2008 Touareg V10, 2001 Audi TTQ Roadster TDI 6-speed, 2005 Jetta Wagon TDI 6-speed
Bought the car a month ago at 286,000, now at 287,000. It has been a productive month - I have performed the following work:

- sanded/polished headlights
- installed Kbrenny painted Avus wheels, new tires
- cleaned intercooler and piping
- eliminated CCV heater, EGR, cooler
- cleaned intake manifold
- installed dieselgeek timing belt set
- installed boraparts eurospect/sachs G60 14#/VR6
- replaced rear main seal
- replaced front main seal and housing, oil pump drive chain, tensioner
- replaced leaking oil pan with OEM hybrid
- replaced thermostat and housing
- replaced brake/clutch fluid, green coolant with red, motor oil, manual trans fluid
- replaced fan control module, recharged A/C
- replaced taillight bulb holder, driver door latch, trunk latch, fuel door latch pin
- eliminated rear wiper, relocated washer bottle to rear
- replaced carpet, door sills
- rebuilt seatbelt receptacle
- repaired (rigged) RH seat back
- rebuilt LCAs with TT bushings
- installed Bilstein Sport struts, new OE mounts and bearings

Last edited:

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
Patience Ben~! Enjoy the WHOLE ride to the upper numbers.
oh i will, and i am. these cars are just wonderful. now if i can only convince my wife to ditch the jeep and get another tdi..

BeetleGo

TDI
Ben,

A mere glance at your signature tells me that you know a thing or two about high miles cars! You're da man!

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
our family does as well. until 2004, my parents had 3 cars, none under 300,000 miles.

cooter2

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI (5 Speed)
Sorry my 2004 Jetta TDI does not have 200k, it only has 131k.

However my 1999 oldsmobile alero has 213000 miles, still has the original engine and tranny. Have not done any major work to the car, other then basic preventive maintenance. Not bad for a gasser GM with a track record of complaints from dissatisfied owners.

And the old girl is still going strong.

CoJoNEs

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf; 2015 Golf
over 200k on mine, had it since it was new with about 100 miles on the odometer when I took it off the lot.
Still original engine, but many mods and a new turbo at 80k

mag2

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS 5spd
Just turned 253K, 2nd owner, needs rear axle bushing, still have a Limp mode issue, but still drives good, just replaced rear springs with VR6 springs from RockAuto, fronts are waiting for some time to pull struts. Been a good car, shooting for 300K.