Any good vent visors out there for the '15 GSW???

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Hi folks! I'm wondering if anyone has bought vent visors for their '15 GSW? Are the regular 4 door MK7 Golf windows the same ones as on a GSW ?I found a set no problem from AVS for the '16 Jetta I had,but they don't make them for a '15 Golf or GSW. I ordered a Weathertech set of front/rears from Advance,but when I opened the box both front ones had a small piece broken off,so I took them back to store(they were ship to home only from Advance) They plastic also seemed harder(not as flexible) than the AVS ones,which makes me think they might not do well in the winter. The dealers have some(part # 5G4-072-193-HU3),but are fronts,I think rear ones have the HU4 suffix,but it only says Golf and Alltrack,not the GSW for fitment. I like the AVS ones as they don't seem as brittle and they've held up well on my wife's '06 Grand Prix. If anyone has bought some and installed,please speak up and tell me how they are....

ssffnomad

Veteran Member
TDI
2015, GSW, S, TDI, 6MT. 5/2017
Weathertech, # 72721. $94 from Amazon .
You can get them light Tint or dark Tint.
I went with a light Window Tint due to new NYS Tint law. The light Weathertech's matched good.
Dave

funoutdoors121

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW S 6MT
Same here, also installed the WeatherTech units, front and rear, light tint, and I love them.
Great fit and look and very practical to get some ventilation without any rain leak concerns.
(They are made in Germany.)

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I re-ordered some Weathertech #82721 from Advance again-I wanted the #72721 (light tint) ones,but none in stock. The dark ones did go up $5 in price,but after discounts they were just over $91 shipped. I saw some from CarID that were made by RI, were installed on the outside(not in-channel) for $44 for the set of 4, but I never heard of company and really didn't see them offered anywhere else. I hope this shipment doesn't get damaged like last one....

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I installed the Weathertech visors tonight(#82721,dark tint). Installed easily and look great.Hopefully they hold up to the freezing weather in a few months.....

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
One nice thing about the visors being installed is that annoying fluttering sound no longer exists when I only have 1 window open.