Inspection Reset Not Working

SpecialTest

TDI
'15 GSW TDI S
So I just did the 20,000 mile service, so I had to reset the "Change oil now!" Light and the "Inspection" light. The oil light reset perfectly fine (hold down the 0.0 button while starting until a promt comes up) but I can't figure out how to do the inspection light. According to the manual, it is the same as the oil light, but I can't get it to work. Now I keep getting the damn inspection light in start up.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
you can't just do it on the MFI? under settings?

They really did strip the TDIs down.

SpecialTest

TDI
'15 GSW TDI S
you can't just do it on the MFI? under settings?

They really did strip the TDIs down.
Nope... which is dumb because the warning comes up on the MFI. If you can pull information for it to display on the interface, why can't you send information back to tell it to reset?

The emergency flasher step did the trick though. All is well.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
You can't even reset it through VCDS, or at least I have not figured out the correct field for that function...the service interval reset function does nothing through VCDS. A little strange but not hard at all, just different :rolleyes:

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
I can't speak about the MK7, but my 2013 will not reset from VCDS ,but the service on the MFI will reset it.
I think you need to turn on the key without starting select service and scroll down to reset.
The procedure should be in the owner's manual.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
The procedure in the owner's manual shows only how to do the oil reset, and it is by turning the ignition on and pressing the trip reset button to select the reset feature. The MFI in our previous '13 GTI was able to be reset through the MFI as well.

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
You can't even reset it through VCDS, or at least I have not figured out the correct field for that function...the service interval reset function does nothing through VCDS. A little strange but not hard at all, just different :rolleyes:
FYI you can reset this with VCDS. I just did it on a 2016 Jetta using the SRI reset menu in VCDS (or whatever they call it).

I had to use the drop down option that said something like "ESI Fix/Reset North America." I'm not sure exactly what it said, but it was the one with the word "fix" in it. I THINK what this means is it resets the service indicator on cars with "fixed" intervals as opposed to flexible intervals. In any case, the one without "fix" in the description didn't work, and the one with it did, on this particular car which was a 2016 Jetta 1.4 TSI automatic (yes, I worked on a gasser).

This made the infernal "inspec" message piss off and stop annoying me.

Did not do the inspection because the car had 1500 miles on it! It's owned by my 83 year old father in law and that's how far he drove it in a year before the stupid inspection thing started flashing. Safe to say nothing has worn out in 1500 miles.

I did a top side oil change using a Pella oil extractor, but did not change the filter because, 1500 miles...

Last edited: